Chapter 56

Twelve days until I watch my favorite boys take on the world. The feeling was overwhelming, but at the same time filled me with excitement. Luke would help me attempt to pack; but we always wound up throwing clothes at each other, which somehow ended with us naked in bed. Packing could wait.

I was nervous about telling my dad that I was leaving, but I didn't know why. It's not like he should be mad at me for it. I didn't have to let him back in my life, but I did; for some reason that I still do not know. Luke keeps telling me that it will be okay, so I have to think that it will. 

I also need to talk to Louis, which is what I am going to do at the moment. Troy had informed me earlier that he came here late last night and went to his room. Luke is over at Michael's with the guys helping him set everything up to ask Linley to go on tour with them; so now is the perfect time to talk to Louis alone. We hadn't really talked nor seen each other since he kissed me, so I didn't know how this was going to go. 

I knock once on the door to the guest bedroom that he made his own, and seconds later it opens. A sleepy Louis stands in the doorway, barely visible since it is so dark in the room. 

"Hey," I say shyly.

"Hey Al, come on in." He moves out of the way and lets me in, shutting the door after me.

"Whatcha doin?" I ask as I make my way to the chair in front of a desk.

"Just listening to some music," he says as he sits on his bed. The soft music in the background is barely noticeable. 

"Did you just wake up?" I laugh, since it was already two in the afternoon.

"Nah, I'm just pretty hungover. Didn't get home til late last night," he forces a small chuckle and stretches out on the bed.

"I see. Have a good night?" I ask.

"It was okay I suppose. Just went out to a bar with Harry," he says plainly. 

"That sounds fun. So I have some news to share with you," I say slowly, not sure how he was about to take what I was about to tell him. 

"And what's that Allis?" He asks, not even looking at me. I didn't know if he figured it was something about Luke and I, but he didn't sound happy.

"Luke asked me to go on tour with him, so I'll be joining you guys..." I trail off.

"Really? That's interesting." I couldn't tell if he was holding back excitement or if he just simply didn't care.

"Are you upset with me?" I blurt out.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"You just seem different. I've barely seen you at all since the wedding and I don't know...I just miss you," I say sadly.

"I'm sure you've been fine with Luke's company," he says kind of rudely. "But no, I'm not mad at you. I'm pretty sure you know how I feel now, but you don't feel the same way and that's that."

"I'm sorry Louis...But you know how I feel as well. I love you, but as a friend. You're my step-brother now, but you still feel like one of my best friends."

"It's fine Allis," he says with an odd giggle. "I just feel like it's kind of awkward now."

"Well it doesn't have to be," I say back. He says nothing, just lays there outstretched on his bed in the silence. "I guess I'll leave you alone, I have packing to do anyways." I get up from the chair and make my way to the door.

"Wait," I hear him say from behind me. When I turn around, he is already halfway to me. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm really glad that you're coming with us." He looks down at me and I get deja vu from the night that we stood in my kitchen. 

"Me too," I say with a small smile. He smiles back and leans down to wrap me in his arms. The familiar warmth brings me a small happiness and I hug back.

"If you ever need help packing, I'll gladly be at your service," he says with the cute, little smile that I love. 

"Well you know, I could actually use some help right now," I say. 

"Let's go," he whispers. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry this was so short, but I hope you enjoy it.

Also if you guys don't mind, I would love it if you checked out my new Michael story, Only You. It would mean a lot and I'm really excited about it :) just because I started a new one, does not mean I am anywhere near done with this one. I will continue to work hard on this one as well as the new one. Thanks so much guys, love you all xx

-B