Chapter 74

I dart through screaming and crying girls as the loud voice of my boyfriend, at least I still hope he's my boyfriend, echoes over the crowd. His voice always soothes me as it cracks almost every other word when he yells. But it didn't sound the same as usual; it sounded tense and not as happy. Unfortunately I knew the reason for that.

Me.

I hate making Luke upset more than anything, and he had to know that. I never intentionally try to hurt him; after all of the things he's ever done for me, how could I ever want to hurt him? I guess I should have never gone to see Ben. Never in my life did I think that he would end up like this: hateful, jealous. In love with me. There's nothing wrong with caring about me, but I don't think he actually does care about me since he's doing all of this. If this was his way of showing that, there's no way in hell I would ever give him a chance. 

I despise Ben for all the pain and trouble that he has caused me. There was nothing that he could ever do to gain my trust and friendship back. I gave him few chances, but few that turned into too many that he did not deserve. 

Once I finally get out into the hallway of the venue, I mentally step away from my thoughts and sprint to the dressing rooms as fast as I can. I hear workers screaming for me not to run, but I don't listen. They have no idea how important this is. 

As I near the entrance to where the stage crew usually is, I come to one of many security officers blocking the path. I call up one of the boys' bodyguards and have them tell the officer over speaker phone who I am and that I am granted access to the boys' dressing room. He allows me through without question and I quickly walk to the destination. Thankfully the show is almost over, but I also still have plenty of time to get to where I need to be. 

I have no idea what Luke is going to do once he sees me waiting for him. Am I still going to be in trouble? Of course I am, this is probably the most angry he's ever been at me. He has plenty of reason to be mad, but I just wish he would hear me out. It doesn't help that the rest of the boys are going to be showing up as well, I really needed to talk to him alone. 

Once I step into the room, I take a seat and restlessly move for what seems like forever as I impatiently wait for them to arrive. I can hear the audience grow louder and know that the show is done. My heart beats rapidly while I listen to the noisy hallway as people rush all over to gather everything from the stage. When I spot camera flashes from under the door I know that the boys are nearby. I stand but then sit back down a moment later, not knowing what position I should be in. Unprepared and nervous was an understatement. The seconds go by slowly but I know that the doorknob could turn at any minute. 

A second later, I hear Michael's loud voice and the other three familiar laughs closely following. The door swings open and they are all taken by surprise when they notice me sitting there, though Luke looks the most unamused.

Ashton, Calum and Michael all quickly attend to a table full of pizza and sodas while he stays behind and breaks eye contact with me. I rush over to him and begin begging for forgiveness.

"I promise you it's not what it looks like, you have to believe me," I plead.

I continue to go on and on about how sorry I am while he blankly stares at me. His usually happy face now replaced with disappointed eyes and a heartbreaking frown. I don't know why I keep talking as he says nothing. He does not see my point. 

My eyes plead for words from his mouth; anything to come from those sweet, soft lips will cure the pain and guilt I feel in my chest. As he tensely gazes at me, no sound.

Nothing, except the plain words. Four emotionless words.

"Take me to him."