Chapter 26

The days go by quicker than I want them to, but there is still a while until Luke leaves again. When they leave again in a week and a half, they will be gone until the end of this month and will be staying home for about a month and a half. This is actually perfect since graduation is a few days after they get home. I couldn't be happier that Luke would be able to attend, even though it's weird that he isn't graduating with me.

There is only a few weeks left until this day, which will be one of the biggest days of my life. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Of course I am beyond excited to start a new chapter in my life, but it makes it a little harder to figure my life out now that Luke is on tour. I want to spend my life with him, but I feel like my life is now put on hold due to the fact that he won't be here with me to start our forever together. I know I shouldn't have to wait to begin my life as an adult, but it will be weird having the person I want to start it with coming and going all of the time.

I have decided that I want to be an event planner; for what kind of events, I'm not sure yet. I also have yet to choose which university I plan on attending, but I still have a little time to make up my mind. Most people tell me that I don't even need an education for this field of work, but I find it hard to believe that I will get a good job without a college degree. 

Lin and I have discussed getting an apartment together, but we decided that it would be best if we both got our own. That way we could have the boys live with us while they were home and she was most likely going to a school that was not around where I plan on going.

It is a Tuesday evening and Luke and I have been cuddling in my bed since I got home from school. It is almost time for dinner and I have decided that I will tell everyone the career choice I have chosen since I have not told anyone yet, not even Luke. I wanted it to be a surprise and I haven't really had time to tell anyone since I basically just figured it out myself. 

I still grow closer to Luke everyday and each second he continues to remind me why I love him so much, without even meaning to. I swear that he looks so much older than he did before he left to go on tour. His hair is longer and I notice more prickly pieces of hair on his chin as they poke my face when we kiss or sleep. His eyebrows are shaped better and I tease him about getting them done while he was away. He swears that he hasn't had anything done to them, but I know that it's just because he is embarrassed of seeming too feminine. There is no way that he hasn't had them touched up, they look better than mine. 

As we are called down for dinner, I pull myself out of Luke's arms only to get pulled back down.

"We have to eat," I laugh as he engulfs me once again with the warmth.

"I know. I just wanted to give you one more kiss," he says sweetly with that breathtaking smile. I return the smile and let my eyes fall shut as the sensation of his soft lips being pressed against mine leaves me feeling weightless and consumed with butterflies. The feeling of his always warm tongue colliding with mine never fails to make me smile into his lips. 

When he pulls away, I sigh onto his face. He knows what he does to me, he is well aware and the smile that is plastered on his face tells me that he loves to leave me wanting more. The mischievious expression disappears along with the warmth that I was enjoying as he jumps up from the bed.

"I hate you," I joke and stick my tongue out at him in a child-like manner. 

"I know. Just means that I love you more," he giggles as he runs out of my room. I shake my head and can't hide the smile on my face as I reluctantly get up and follow him out the door. Our loud footsteps are sure to be heard throughout the whole house as we sprint down the stairs and into the dining room. 

I almost trip over my own feet as I come to a hault at the sight of Louis smirking at me from the table. I bite my lip and force myself to look away from his stare that gives me a weird feeling. I grab Luke's hand and lead him to our usual spots at the table, which unfortunately is right in the path of that glare that I would like to avoid. Thankfully Bradley joins us and Troy and my mother come in shortly after with a delicious-smelling dinner. My mother asks us all how our days were as we eat and when I start talking I find it the perfect time to tell them about my decision.

"I have a little announcement. I mean it's not huge or anything," I laugh. I turn to Luke who is giving me a confused look and I take his hand in mine underneath the table before continuing. 

"I'm excited to hear it honey, but I have one as well. Is it okay if I share mine first?" My mothers asks before I can say anything else. I am a little annoyed at her interruption, but nod anyways. "Thank you dear," she continues. "So Troy and I have done a lot of talking these last few days," she smiles across the table at him, "and to my surprise, he proposed to me a few nights ago."