Chapter 21

Song for the chapter: Remain by Royal Tailor

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Luke and I spend the rest of the day in each other's arms. That is, until he has to leave. 

We had decided that we were going to try to make it work and I really believed that we could. I couldn't be happier to have him back in my life. I couldn't ever lose him again and I would do everything in my power to make sure that it doesn't happen. We made a promise that I believed he would keep this time. It was going to be hard, extremely hard, but I would work for it. There is nothing else in this world that I want more than Luke.

The other three boys and Linley all meet at my house to say our goodbyes. We figured it would be better than trying to do it at the airport where hundreds of girls would be waiting. We didn't tell anybody about Luke and I until they all got here, their reactions were priceless. At first they were all shocked and the boys cheered in unison and high-fived me. Linley was actually happier than I thought she would be. I thought she would be angry at me for giving in, but she said that as long as I was happy then she was too. She knows how happy Luke makes me and this just proves that she was a true friend. 

It's extremely hard to say goodbye to the boys, harder than the first time. Linley cries as she hugs Michael and it is hard for me to hold back my tears as I snuggle in Ashton and Calum's arms one last time.

"Thank you by the way," I whisper to Calum as he stands there and holds me.

"For what?" He asks.

"For being there for me and for telling me about Luke. I don't think anything would've happened if you hadn't told me that you didn't know where he was. You just helped me a lot," I say.

He hugs me tighter. "Anything for you Allis. And don't think that just because we're not here doesn't mean that you can't still talk to me about your problems. I mean it."

"I know, thank you." He swings me back and forth before finally letting go. 

As we are all standing in the living room, Louis walks in from the kitchen. I had honestly forgotten that he was even here. He pulls me into the entryway, away from the others.

"So you and Luke again, huh?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say with a smile.

"I see. Well I just wanted to tell you goodbye," he says quietly. He pulls me into a tight hug and sighs into my hair. "By the way, I meant what I said," he says as he pulls out of the hug and walks outside to the car that awaited him. My head swirls with emotions and all I can think about is the words that he said that night, "I would never do that to you Allison," I replay the words in my mind. How did he know that I actually heard them? Now I feel even more awkward about the situation.

"Hey babe." My thoughts are interrupted by Luke's voice and my stomach flips at him calling me that again. "You okay?" He asks as his arms sling around my waist. My body is immediately warmed and brought to life at his touch. 

"Yeah, I am," I say for the first time in a while without having to lie. 

"We're about to leave" he says with sad eyes. 

I sigh and lay my head onto his chest. "Okay," I say quietly. The wonderful scent of him fills my nose and I'm going to miss it terribly. 

"Hey," he says as he lifts my chin up to look at him. "We're going to make this work, I promise." I smile and blink the tears away as I realize how much better the situation is than the last time they left.

"I know," I whisper.

"Except, I forgot one thing," he says with a smile. "Something kind of important."

"And what's that?" I ask, expecting him to have to run up to my room to grab something that he left.

"Will you be my girlfriend, again?" A chuckle escapes his mouth as he takes his lip ring in between his teeth. "For good this time."

I blush at his words and my stomach dances with happiness. "Yes, a thousand times yes." He smiles widely and pulls me tightly against his body. 

"Unfortunately it's that time lovebirds," we are interrupted by Ashton's voice.

We walk outside and hug the boys one last time before they make their way to the car. Linley and I stand on the porch as we sadly watch the boys pack their final things into the trunk of the giant, black car. Each of them slide inside and Luke looks over at me as he stands by the door. He says something to the driver and before I know it, he is running across my lawn.

I smile and lightly jog to meet him. Our bodies collide in the middle as he picks me up and my legs tighten around his waist. His mouth meets mine and I laugh into the kiss at our movie-like moment. Our tongues intertwine for the last time before he pulls away and looks up at me. His eyes are the brightest shade of blue that I had ever seen and his silver lip ring shone bright in the sunlight. I caress his face slowly with my finger and feel the butterflies take over my body.

"I love you so much Allison," he says with tears lightly rimming his eyes. "More than yesterday."

My heart almost leaps out of my chest and I am forever engulfed sparks. "I love you more everyday Luke Robert Hemmings."