Chapter 43

A few days pass by slowly and it is finally time for my mother's wedding. Decorating took the past two days and even a little bit of today. I helped with it yesterday, but had to get ready and help my mother get ready today. The wedding will be small, held at our house with only the closest friends. Some of our family will also be flying in from the U.S. to be here. The only members of the wedding party are me, Louis, Bradley and Georgia. Louis is Troy's best man and I am the maid of honor, which means we will be walking down the aisle together. I'm excited for that part. Louis and I have been hanging out a lot lately, he helps me feel better.

I haven't seen or spoken to Luke since I told him I needed a break. I expected him to be trying to win me back by showing up everyday, but he surprisingly hasn't. I am a little disappointed to end each day without seeing him, but it's for the best right now. No matter how much I miss him, I needed this space.

I wasn't going to let anything upset me today. Even though I didn't really like the fact that my mother was getting married to Troy so early on, I was happy for her. I have grown to like Troy and his kids a lot, they have become part of the family. So, I will push my feelings aside for today and enjoy it.

I just finished getting ready and am going to finally see my mother. The colors of the wedding are mint so that is the color of my short dress, decorated with a few jewels. It's absolutely gorgeous and I was surprised that my mom picked it out all by herself. Georgia is wearing a similar dress minus the jewels. My hair is curled into an updo with a few pieces hanging down, a few jeweled barrettes spread all around my head. When I walk into my mom's room, I am stunned at how beautiful she looks in her dress. I almost start crying at the sight of her, but hold back the tears so I don't mess up my makeup. She hugs me and thanks me for everything before we are told by my grandmother that it is time for the ceremony.

As I stand inside the door and wait for Louis to join me before we walk out, I stare in awe at the gorgeous sight in front of me. The finished product of the backyard is absolutely perfect. I start to get a little nervous about walking in front of these people, there are more out there than I expected.

My nerves settle a tad when I feel an arm lock around my own and turn to see Louis smiling next to me. He looked fantastic. His hair is styled up in a small quiff and he is in a white button up with a mint tie to match my dress. As he eyes me up and down, I wonder what he's thinking about my appearance.

"H-how are you?" He asks with a smile.

"I'm good, now that you're here," I smile back and link our arms tighter.

We don't have time to say anything else as it is time for us to walk outside. Bradley and Georgia are already halfway down the aisle. All eyes are on us as we step out into the open. My stomach twists at the stares we are receiving.

"You look beautiful," I hear Louis whisper to me, which puts me at ease.

My mother picked a beautiful piano song to walk down to, and after Louis and I part our ways when we get to Troy, I am finally able to calm down. My mom comes out shortly after and I notice Troy start to cry. I don't blame him, she looks incredible. My grandpa is walking her down and kisses her cheek before handing her off to him.

The ceremony is quick and beautiful. They exchange their vows and rings prior to finally being announced husband and wife. Before I know it, we are already going back down the aisle. People are clapping and we are lead back inside so that the backyard can be redecorated for the reception. I enjoyed the wedding and am excited for the fun night ahead, but something has been nagging in the back of my head all day.

As I watched my mother and Troy look into each other's eyes and promise each other nothing but loving each other forever, there was only one person in my mind.