Chapter 59

Song for the chapter: Saturn by Sleeping At Last

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Luke's POV

Allis' body is so small as I hold her in my arms; but she fits perfectly against my own body, as if she was made for me and only me. The sound of her muffled breathing as she sleeps is music to my ears. I repeatedly run my fingers through her hair, being careful of the tangles that form so easily.

I am almost asleep before she starts moving frantically, quickly breaking out into a sweat.

"Allis," I whisper as I shake her lightly, attempting to wake her. "Come on Al, wake up."

She finally startles awake, her eyes wide with fear.

"Another bad dream?" I ask her. She nods and I pull her tightly against me, trying my best to warm her trembling body. "It's okay baby, I'm here now."

It had been a few days since the incident with her dad, but she wakes up multiple times each night from nightmares that I can only imagine are horrible. Luckily I am either already awake, or wake up each time she does, so that I can comfort her. It's almost like I know when something is wrong.

I had never wanted to hurt someone so bad in my life when I found out that he hit her, again. I wanted to drive straight there and throw him against the wall, but when I held Allis in my arms as she sobbed over and over again, I realized that I didn't need to hurt him. He did deserve pain, but he will never see Allis again and that in my opinion is the worst pain that could be brought upon anyone. Instead of hurting him, I would stay and heal her. That's all she really needed and I will do anything to make her happy again.

"Are you okay?" I ask her after a few minutes of softly rocking her in my arms. She nods once again and I brush the damp pieces of hair out of her face. "You are so beautiful." I don't say this because she is sad and needs to hear something nice, I say it almost without meaning to; because it is the truth. Allis was stunning, even at 3 in the morning, in the small amount of moonlight seeping in through her curtains. She took my breath away and I couldn't help but let her know.

A small, sleepy smile spreads across her lips and I feel a rush go through my body. I lean down and plant a soft kiss on her lips as my hand caresses her smooth cheek. I pull away and rest my forehead against her's, our noses lightly squishing each other's.

"I love you," I whisper. I open my eyes to her still-closed ones, but feel like I've been smacked with warmth when she opens them back up to me.

"I love you Luke," she whispers back and I feel at ease.

I watch her fall back asleep peacefully and doze off shortly after.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is now only two days until we leave to go back on tour. I'm glad that Allis is coming with me; I don't think I could say goodbye to her again. She is basically all packed, bringing a lot less stuff than I thought.

We were currently hanging out with our friends at Calum's. I wanted to be alone with Allis since we would be spending most of our time with them in the next few months, but she wanted to be with them and I was going to do whatever she wanted. All I really wanted to do was hold her as we lied in her bed, and when we get home I will do just that.

She is laughing with Ashton and Linley about something as Cal and I play FIFA and I can't help but stare at her as she smiles.

"HA! Take that!" I hear Calum yell and my attention is brought back to the projector screen. It seems I got too distracted with looking at Allis and Calum scored on me. I laugh and playfully hit him on the arm.