Chapter 47

Song I recommend for the chapter: Into the Fire by Erin McCarley

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So we'll leave you guys alone," Ashton says after the few moments of silence following the song.

The three boys set down their instruments and walk to the house followed by Linley. Soon after I hear the back door shut, Luke removes the guitar from his body and sets it on a stand. He stays a few feet away from me, not making any sudden movements.

The dim light coming from the string lights combined with the moon makes Luke's perfect features more prominent than usual. His quiffed hair had fallen a little from the head banging mixed with sweat, causing one small piece to dangle in front of his face. It would be so much easier to just forget about him if he wasn't so beautiful.

It is his sigh that brings me back to reality, the first sound in what seems like forever. Somehow I always got lost in his eyes, but I shook out of the trance and broke our gaze. "I know I've said sorry at least a thousand times in the past few days, and I know you probably don't believe me..." He trails off. "But I just hope you know deep down that I love you more than anything, because whether you think I'm telling the truth or not about being sorry, I would never be lying about how much you mean to me. You're all that I have, you're everything Allis." I stand there speechless, not knowing how to reply to the words that continue to make my heart flutter. "And I know that I'm probably annoying you and that you want your space, but I just can't stay away. But I promise you this is the last time I will try. It's not that I don't want to fight for you anymore, because you know that I would fight for you until the day that I die, but I will leave you alone if you want. If you say to me that you don't want me anymore, then I will never speak to you again. You won't ever see me again, because I will leave this place that is so horrible without you. I promise you that," he whispers as a tear slowly slides down his cheek.

"How am I supposed to trust you again Luke?" I ask. "I let you back into my life only for you to go against me once again. How do you expect me to be with someone that I am afraid of? That I can't have faith in to tell me the truth?" I am sure that the weakness in my voice is evident, but there's nothing that I can do to stop it.

"I'm not going to force you to do anything," he begins. "If you don't trust me, then you don't trust me. But if you did decide to give me one last chance, I will prove to you every single day for the rest of my life that you can trust me now. I will never give you another reason to doubt that. But it's up to you, and I will leave you forever if that is what you want."

"Shut up and kiss me," I whisper. I don't have time to think of the words that I have just said or anything else as he runs to me and cures the pain with his lips. As his mouth crashes against mine, I feel weightless. My head is spinning. Not a single second of the past few days that I have been without him matter anymore, not a single thing in the world could matter right now.

Luke's arms are around me, my fingers are tangled in his soft hair. We were one, and I was saved. The tears that fall down his cheeks blend with mine, becoming a single droplet.

I pull away from him when I feel more than one drop of water. I look up to the suddenly dark sky, filled with clouds that came from out of nowhere. The water continues to rain down, harder and faster by the second. Our bodies and clothes are soaked within seconds.

When I look back down to Luke, his wet hair is now flat and falling in his face. I let out the first real laugh in days at the sight of him. He laughs back and it is music to my ears. He pulls my body back into his and our lips meet again. The constant action of our lips moving in sync is so natural and beautiful, even in the pouring rain. I grasp onto his wet shirt and try to pull him tighter, it's no use. I could never be close enough to him, and I was never again letting him out of my reach.

It will take time to trust him again and he will have to prove it to me that he has changed, but he was Luke. There was nothing else I wanted more in the world than this, kissing Luke in the rain. There was nothing else that I wanted more than Luke.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

HI BABES

omg it's been so long. I apologize sincerely for my long absence. I have been dealing with stress from school and work and boy problems, but I promise you that I will never make you wait this long again. This isn't a very good or long chapter, so I apologize for that as well, but I had to give you guys something. I have finals this week and then I will be free. Just know that this story isn't over! I'm back for good :)

Thank you so much for continuing to stick with this and support me, you are all so amazing. I hope you love this as much as I love you guys <3

-B