Chapter 80

"Why do you look so nervous?" I hear Luke ask with a giggle following shortly after.

I shrug. I wasn't really sure why I was so nervous, after all, it is his body. But the thought of the possibility that he could be getting something to do with me, permanently on his body, gave me an uneasy feeling for some reason. Would he expect me to get one for him as well? 

"You have nothing to be nervous about babe," he smiles and my nerves are slightly cured just from that sweet face.

I sigh and hope that he is right.

After about 45 minutes, the buzzing goes silent and the needles stops piercing his skin. My gut wrenches as he looks up to me and I know that he is about to reveal the new art on his skin. As the artist wipes off the excess ink and blood, it amazes me how well he handled the whole thing. I don't have any tattoos, but I can imagine they hurt like hell. He didn't wince a single time. Of course he held my hand the whole time, but I don't think that had anything to do with getting the tattoo.

"Are you ready to see it?" The lady asks with a smile as she slams on the pedal of the trash can, flinging it open.

I sigh, but look back down to Luke and give him a smile. "I am."

She throws the paper towels that are now a mixture of black and red into the trash and wheels her chair back over to us. She carefully spins him around on his own chair so that his back is now facing me. As I glance over his muscular back, it takes me a moment to sift through all of his other tattoos and spot his new one. Relief washes over me as I come to it.

In small, cursive writing, love mom and dad was written in black directly under the first tattoo of his that we bonded over. He had told me that he had planned on getting this tattoo finished, but he had never been strong enough to. It was such a simple tattoo, yet something that was so powerful and meaningful to him. 

"I'll give you two a minute," the woman interrupts my thoughts and smiles as she is now exiting the room. He gives her a quick smile before glancing back at me with eyes that look almost sad. 

"Remember when we first started dating, how I told you that I wasn't ready to get the rest of that tattoo that my parents had written me on a birthday card?" I nod. "Well I've never been more ready than I was today. Why? Because I'm with you." He pauses and I swear my heart skips a beat. "I am so in love with you, Allis. You bring me to life, and you give me strength. You make me stronger every single day, and that's all because you love me so much and push me to be a better man everyday. I knew that I could do this with you because no one else gives me the strength to do anything like this.

"I miss my parents every second of everyday, but you have filled the hole in my heart that they took with them. Of course it isn't the same, as they were my mom and my dad, but it's something so amazing. You have changed me for the better, and I can't thank you enough for that," he continues. "So I just wanted to thank you for that, and thank you for everything. Thank you for making me strong enough to do this one last thing for my parents. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you."

When I know that he has finished, my eyes are watery. "I love you so much Luke," Is all that I can manage to get out without letting the tears fall down my face. Why does he make me so emotional?

"Come here," he whispers. He grasps the back of my neck and pulls me hard into him. His lips meet mine and there is a hint of saltiness on his lips but I know that I am not the one that is crying. 

Relief shoots through my body as he continues to intertwine his lips with mine. I did make a big deal of the whole tattoo thing for nothing, but at this point, Luke could get whatever tattoo he wanted, even if it did have to do with me. Hell, maybe I would even get one. I don't know why I was freaking out so much, I knew that Luke was going to be in my life as long as I could help it. Even if something did happen, Luke has been a huge part of my life and I would always want to remember this. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N

Hello my loves. I apologize for the 385738753rd time about taking forever to update, and about it being so short as well.

My boyfriend got into a horrible, horrible accident about a month and a half ago and I almost lost him. That is part of the reason why I have not been able to update for a while now. He is doing okay now though and I thank God every single day for watching over him.

I have some sad news. This story is coming to an end. I am quickly running out of ideas and am continuously running into writer's block. I know this is coming to a wrap anyways, but I want to apologize. I want to know what are some last things that you guys want to see in this story before it has to come to an end, so comment or message me your thoughts and I will take them all into consideration :)

on the plus side, I have a bigggg suprise for you all when this book is finished, but you will have to wait to see what it is :) any guesses? 

thank you guys i love you more than words can say!!!!!!!