Chapter 17

Song for the chapter: I've Never Felt This Way - Acoustic by Our Last Night

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I thank God when the concert finally ends. I was so affected by Luke's performance that I couldn't really enjoy One Direction's set. Linley hesistantly tells me that the boys want us to go out with them again as we walk to the car. I shouldn't go, I should go home and stay as far away from Luke as I can.

"Let's go," I say to her as we get in her car. I send my mother a quick text letting her know that I won't be home for a while.

The drive to the club seems longer than it did last night. My head and heart are battling each other on the inside. My head wanted to do the right thing and was questioning why I had agreed to go. My heart was winning the fight, but I wasn't sure why the small part of me had wanted to go where he would be.

When we get there, we are escorted inside once again and find Michael and Ashton.

"We don't know where the other two are," Michael tells us when he hugs Lin, "and the One Direction guys will be here later. I immediately order myself a drink after hugging them. If I was going to be here, I needed as much alcohol as I could get.

"You're not drinking, right?" I ask Lin who is now sitting on Michael's lap.

"Nah, go ahead," she smiles. I take a giant gulp of the drink and sit next to Ashton.

The four of us sit there and talk for a while as I continue to buy myself more drinks. Still no sight of Luke and I'm glad. My body is beginning to get hot from all of the alcohol I have consumed already. The others tell me that I should probably slow down, but I don't listen as I continue to let the substance take me over.

As Ash and I are laughing at something, a cute guy walks over and sits on the other side of me. He orders himself a drink before turning to smile at me. His white teeth glow very bright in the blacklight above us.

"Hey there," he says before taking a sip.

"Hi," I laugh. I hope that my drunken state doesn't weird him out.

We continue on to talk about random things about each other. I don't find out his name, but I don't really care. I slur almost all of my words and laugh at everything he says. He's nice, so I don't send him away. He buys me another drink before taking my hand and leading me closer to the dance floor. We sway back and forth as we continue to talk and laugh. I look over to my friends who are laughing, probably at me, and wave to them. They wave back and Linley blows me a kiss.

"You know, you're very beautiful," I hear him say loudly.

"Oh thanks, you're not too bad yourself," I slur and wink at him.

"Is it okay if I kiss you?" He asks.

"Go for it," I yell back. As he is leaning in closer to my face, I feel a little sick but brush the feeling off. I am in complete shock when I open my eyes and see him fly back to the ground, his drink soaking him.

I look over to see Luke with clenched fists and angry eyes. His breathing is hard and rapid.

"What the hell man?!" The nameless guy says as he gets up and brushes his shirt off.

"Don't touch her again," he says through gritted teeth.

"I don't know what your problem is, but I think she would've stopped me if she wanted to." He moves closer to Luke and I know that this is a bad situation. I feel a sudden wave of dizziness and need to go outside, but I can't just leave them here like this.

"Luke, what the hell is wrong with you?!" I yell.

"You better get out of here, I mean it," Luke says to him. I can tell that the guy is intimidated by Luke and he looks between the two of us before speaking again.

"I don't know what's going on here, but I don't need this," he says before walking out of sight.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I scream at him. "I was having fun!" My head was spinning from all of the alcohol and the scene that just happened right in front of me.

"He was just using you. You're drunk and easy to take advantage of," he says calmly.

"Oh my God!" I scream. I throw my hands up and walk straight to the door before I have a panic attack. I glance at my friends, Calum is now standing with them, and shake my head at them. They all have wide eyes but stay put.

I shiver at the cool air, but it feels good against my hot skin. I hoped that all of that was just some drunken illusion, but I am disappointed at the reality when Luke bursts through the door. There were two other people standing a few feet away from us and they looked annoyed at Luke's loudness.

"Leave," he says to them and they immediately walk back inside.

"Get the hell away from me Luke," I say, keeping my eyes away from him.

"What have I told you about learning to take care of yourself? I always have to step in and get you out of trouble!" He is now yelling.

"I can take care of my own problems! I wasn't in any trouble anyways! All of our friends were watching me from a few feet away, if anything suspicious were to happen they would've come and got me! Besides, he was just going to kiss me, that's it!" I snap.

"Did you want to kiss him?" He says a little more calmly.

"Yes. In fact, I gave him permission to," I smirk. He slams both of his hands against the brick wall on either side of my head, enclosing me in his space. This was the Luke that I was scared of.

"Why would you do that?!" He yells in my face.

"Why wouldn't I?! I can do whatever I want! I'm single now, remember?" I yell back. This infuriates him further and he pulls himself away from me, walking a few feet away.

"You are so stupid, you could've gotten hurt!" He yells again.

"I am not stupid! Why the fuck do you care anyways?! You stopped doing that a long time ago," I say calmly. My head was throbbing and everything was spinning a little faster now. What was he thinking? "Why can't you just leave me alone Luke? That's what you wanted to do in the first place, that's why you left."

He runs both hands through his hair and I can see how much bigger his back muscles have gotten as they expand at his actions. "You don't understand," I hear him say quietly.

"Excuse me? I don't understand what," I demand.

"I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE!" He turns around and screams. His cheeks are wet, but I can't tell if it is from tears or sweat.

The familiar feeling of the alcohol rising in my stomach overwhelms me. All of the effects of the alcohol hit me at once, but I ignore it as much as I can. "You didn't want to leave? Then why did you?!" I yell, but not as loudly as him.

"It's not something that I can just explain Allis! Like I said, you just don't get it!" His breaths are as fast as mine. My heart is racing faster than the faint beat of the bass against the brick walls.

"I don't get it because you're not making any sense! You leave me, don't speak to me for months and then butt in when I am about to kiss someone else! Anybody would be able to see why I am very confused!"

"I can't explain it to you, it's too difficult." He is walking towards me slowly, each step he takes pushes me closer to the edge.

"Then what are we doing out here? Because this is a waste of ti-"

I am cut off by the familiar phenomenon of our connected lips and my heart shatters for the second time.