7

"Hey, hey, it's alright, Keith," Lance said gently, placing a hand on Keith's back. He rubbed the omega's backbone, effectively calming him down. The team looked at the two questioningly before beginning to murmur quietly. Lance sighed and looked at the group.

"Keith and I... Keith and I have something to tell you guys," He said, beginning to fidget. "The other night at the party, we uh..." Lance trailed off.

"I went into heat, we mated, and now I'm pregnant!" Keith blurted before slapping his hands over his mouth.

"You two did what!?" Shiro shouted, making Keith flinch.

"Don't shout at my omega!" Lance yelled back at Shiro, letting out a soft growl. Within a few seconds, the two alphas were face to face, growling at each other. Keith slipped out of the dining room in a panic. He was quick to go to his room and hide.

After what seemed like an eternity, Lance returned to Keith's room. He knocked at Keith's door, letting out a sigh as he did so.

"Can I come in, Keith?" He asked, leaning against the wall next to the door. Lance could tell that Keith was not only upset but frightened. Keith's scent seeped under the door, filling the hallway with the bitter smell of fear.

"Keith, please let me in. I'm worried about you," Lance's voice was strained with worry as he waited for a response from Keith. The silence continued only, not helping Lance's concern for the boy.

Keith paced around his room, his hands in his hair. The room blurred around him. He couldn't tell if he was panicking or having an episode. Everything seemed unreal. Keith began to pick at his skin and pull at his hair, not really thinking about what he was doing. He could only hear snippets of Lance's faint voice calling out to him, but not enough to comprehend. Soon the room faded to darkness as Keith blacked out.

"-eith! Keith!" Lance shouted, now holding the dazed boy in his arms. Keith's eyes fluttered open slowly. He looked around, first noticing Lance, then Pidge and Hunk.

"Oh god, thank goodness, you're alright," Lance said, pulling Keith close to himself.

"Wh... what happened?" Keith questioned as he looked up at Lance.

"I... I don't know, Kitten," Lance said, continuing to pull the other closer. "But it's alright now, I got you," He said, his voice still filled with concern. Pidge and Hunk retreated out of the omega's room, leaving the two alone. Keith's door had been locked, so Lance had gathered the two betas to override the passcode.

Keith slowly pulled himself up to sit in Lance's arms.

"Is the pup alright? I think we should go to the med bay and have Coran check on it," Lance said, placing and hand on Keith's still flat belly.

"Lance, it's fine. I'm fine. Relax," Keith murmured, resting his head on Lance's shoulder. Lance gave Keith a worried nuzzle and began to gently rub the omega's stomach.

"Alright... If you say so, but if you start feeling unwell, you tell me, and we're going to Coran." Lance huffed. He was being a bit overprotective in Keith's eyes. Despite his worries, Lance found himself smiling as Keith purred.

"Coran wants to give you a check-up, Kitten," Lance said with a small sigh as he set his phone down on the nightstand. The two were now cuddling in the omega's nest.

"I got everything worked out with Shiro and Allura too. Neither of them wants you going on missions unless it's necessary," He huffed, holding Keith tightly.

"That's dumb... Can I still train?" Keith said, scowling.

"Yes, but when you start showing, I don't want you to train. I don't wanna risk losing our pup," Lance buried his face in the omega's shoulder and let out a sigh.

"We should start heading down to the med bay," The alpha murmured, pulling away from Keith's shoulder. Keith nodded in agreement as he sat up and got out of his nest. Stepping out into the hallway, Lance intertwined his fingers with Keith's.

The two walked down to the med bay in silence. The quiet was always calming for Keith. Lance felt on edge when it was still. The sound of footsteps not only echoed through the halls, but through Lance's mind as well.

"Hey, Keith?" Lance said softly, looking over at his omega.

"Hmm?" Keith hummed out, not looking up at Lance.

"Does the silence ever bother you?" Lance asked, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Well, sometimes it does. Most of the time, I find it tranquil and calming. Though... On occasion, it does bother me," Keith sighed out.

"When does it bother you?" Lance questioned, only to be interrupted by Coran.

"There you two are! Come on now. Keith needs a check-up," Coran said in his usual lively manner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y'all should get excited for spring break. I'll probably be popping out like 2 chapters a day. (Unless I lose motivation that is)