32

Keith woke up to pain and cold. The omega frowned slightly, looking around the mad bay.

"Lance?" He called out, propping himself up. The alpha couldn't be spotted, but Keith's newborns were just out of reach. Keith pulled himself out of bed, legs trembling. He shuffled over to the bassinets to look at his pups. Keith's face broke into a smile as he lifted the newborns into his arms. They were beautiful. Sitting back down on the bed, Keith kissed both of his sons' heads.

"I think I'm going to call you Alex," Keith murmured, booping the nose of the small boy. Alex had tan skin, almost the same color as Lance's, and dark chocolate hair.

"Your name will be Trent," Keith whispered, tapping the smaller pup's nose. Trent had pale skin with brown hair, just like Lance's.

"You two are so beautiful," The omega breathed out as he laid back. He cradled a pup to either side of his body and drifted off to sleep.

Lance entered the med bay, smiling as he found his omega and pups fast asleep. Wandering over to the bed, Lance sat down next to Keith.

"I see you found the pups," Lance whispered, chuckling to himself. The alpha ran his fingers through Keith's hair. Lance was relieved that Keith was alright. Keith began to stir, his eyes fluttering open.

"How do you feel?" Lance asked, leaning down to place a kiss on Keith's forehead. "You don't have a fever anymore. That's good,"

Keith tilted his head to the side slightly, reaching up to rub his eyes.

"I'm feeling alright," Keith murmured, pulling himself up into a sitting position. "I named the pups too..." Keith looked away from Lance, breaking the eye contact.

"That's alright. What did you name the pups?" Lance asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Well..." Keith fidgeted, looking down at his lap. "This one is Alexander," The omega murmured, gesturing to the brunette pup, "And the other one is Trent,"

"Those are perfect names," Lance pressed a kiss to Keith's cheeks. "Would you like to go cuddle?" The alpha asked, scooping up Trent in his arms.

"Like in our bedroom?" Keith asked, picking up Alex.

"Of course, in our room, silly," Lance said as he watched Keith get off the bed.

The couple made their way to the bedroom. Keith stayed silent, staring down at the floor. Lance kept close to Keith, not wanting to leave the omega behind.

"Are you sure you're alright, Kitten?" Lance asked, noticing Keith's quiet demeanor. Keith nodded, staying silent as they entered the bedroom. The omega gently placed Alex down in one of the cribs before laying down. Lance frowned and set Trent in the opposite crib.

"Kitten, I'm worried about you. You aren't usually this quiet," Lance said, placing a hand on Keith's shoulder.

"I'm just..." Keith paused, unsure if he should speak his mind. "I'm just tired," The omega murmured, keeping his feelings bottled up inside. I should be happy. Keith thought to himself silently. Lance laid next to his omega, pulling Keith close.

"Get some rest, Kitten. I'll be here when you wake up," Lance reassured, placing a kiss on the nape of Keith's neck.

Keith lay there in silence, trying to even out his breathing. Something felt wrong.

"I-I'm going to take a bath..." Keith murmured, his voice shaking.

"That's alright. Do you need help?" Lance asked, propping himself up on his elbow. Keith shook his head, pulling himself out of bed and going into the bathroom. Shaking his head, Keith hugged himself and shut the bathroom door. Something felt terribly wrong. Keith leaned against the wall, taking a shaky breath. He stayed there for a few moments before taking a few more steps into the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, Keith frowned. His body looked wrong. Keith felt like he was missing something. Pulling his eyes away from the mirror, Keith began to undress.

Lance sighed, watching as Keith entered the bathroom. He was worried about Keith. Something seemed off about his omega. Lance laid back and stared up at the ceiling. The alpha closed his eyes for a few moments, only to open them again as one of the pups began to cry. Lance sat up and looked over at the cribs. The ebony-haired pup was crying. Going over to the cribs, Lance scooped Trent into his arms and began to rock his son.

"Shh, shh. Everything is alright, little one," Lance murmured lovingly. The tiny pup continued to cry, making Lance frown.

"You must be hungry. Let's go make you and bubba some dinner," Lance sighed, picking up Alex and exiting the bedroom. The alpha made his way down to the kitchen and made two bottles of baby formula. It was a struggle as he had both the pups with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be prepared for more angst