49

Lance bounced his knee as he looked down at his phone. 
"He hasn't texted me in two days, Hunk," Lance huffed as he set his phone down next to his thigh and watched the pups. Trent and Alex sat on a blanket, playing with baby toys. 
"Maybe Keith is busy," Hunk said, not looking at Lance. "Why did he leave anyway?"
"Reasons..." Lance sighed as he picked his phone up again. "I should call him," The alpha trailed off as he stood up. 
"I can watch these two for a moment if you need to step out of the room," Hunk offered, moving to sit on the floor by where the pups were playing.
"Thanks, Hunk," Lance walked out of the room and into the hallway. 

C'mon, pick up. Lance thought as he held the phone to his ear. Worry was bubbling in his chest as he listened to the ringing. Lance bit the inside of his cheek as he reentered the living room.
"He didn't pick up, Hunk," Lance flopped onto the couch, frowning at the beta.
"As I said, Lance, he's probably busy. Why don't you text him again?" Hunk reassured as he looked over at Lance.
"Because I'm worried. What if something happened to Keith?" 
"Well, don't you think the blade would have contacted us if something happened to him?"
"Yeah... They probably would have," Lance sighed, slouching and looking up at the ceiling. "I guess I just don't want to lose Keith," 
"That's understandable, but if you worry about it too much, you won't be able to live your own life, Lance," 
Hunk's words felt like a punch in the gut to Lance. Lance moved to sit next to Hunk. 
"Thanks..." Lance murmured as he rubbed the back of his neck. Hunk nodded, giving Lance a smile. 

Despite Keith only being gone for two days, Lance was craving the omega's touch. The pups were affected by Keith's absents as well. They seemed to cry more, only comforted when Allura held them or when they were being fed. Lance flopped back onto his bed. He had handed the pups off to Allura and pidge, so he could have some to himself. Lance felt so alone. Everything seemed grayer when Keith wasn't around. Not again... Lance thought as he curled up on his side. The alpha had been able to conceal his depression and act happy, but his mind felt weighed down with the absents of his omega. Lance couldn't stay alone with his thoughts. 

"Um... Can I hang out in here for a bit with you and Pidge?" Lance questioned as he poked his head into Allura's room. 
"Of course you can. Is everything alright, Lance?" The female omega asked as she watched Lance enter. Lance nodded and sat on the floor, hugging his knees.
"Yeah... I'm just lonely," 
"What? Do you miss your kitten?" Pidge jabbed before receiving an elbow to her side.
"Be nice," Allura warned, side-eyeing the beta.
"It's fine, Allura, and she's right. I do miss Keith," Lance rested his chin on his knees, not looking at the other two. "I don't feel like being alone right now, either. Hunk tried to reassure me that Keith is fine, but I don't think it helped," Lance sighed, letting his shoulders droop. "Yeah, I get that Keith is probably busy and doesn't have time to text me back, but it doesn't make me worry any less,"
"Oh, dear... Is there anything Pidge or I could do to help you feel better?" Allura asked, sympathy and pity speckled in her tone. Lance shrugged, staying quiet. The alpha no longer felt like talking. He wanted to be held by Keith. 
"Lance?" Pidge put her hand on Lance's shoulder. 
"Um... I'm fine. Don't worry about it. I just need some company right now," Lance spoke quietly. His depression was creeping in, filling his body with sadness and apathy. Pidge was worried. She had only seen Lance like this once before, when Keith had disappeared from school for a year.
"Alright. Let us know if you need anything," Pidge said as she removed her hand from Lance's shoulder. 

By dinner, Lance wasn't doing much better. He picked at his food and didn't look up from his plate. Hunk gave Lance a pitiful look before turning to Pidge. 
"I think he's getting depressed again," Hunk said, catching Pidge's attention.
"What makes you say that?" She asked, looking over at Lance.
"This used to happen a lot when we were growing up. I'm pretty sure his mom took him to the doctor once, and Lance insisted he was fine," Hunk sighed. "The doctor still prescribed him some meds, but he refused to take them. I wouldn't be surprised if he told you he was fine right now," 
Hunk knew Lance was struggling, but he wouldn't bring it up unless Lance did first. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't give yall enough Lance pov or whatever but here you go have some sad Lance stuff