45

"Just leave me alone, Lance!" Keith shouted at the worried alpha. Keith pulled his wrist out of Lance's grip, a look of fear and anger on his face.
"Keith, you can't just leave! What about the team? Did you even think about your pups or your mate?" Lance demanded, taking a step towards Keith. The omega flinched back, his arms up in a defensive stance.
"Do you really think I'm going to hit you?" Lance scoffed, a frown tugging on the corners of his mouth. Keith could feel Lance's gaze burning into his skin as the room fell silent. The only sound Keith could hear was the constant pounding of his racing heart.
"Why would I hit you, Keith?" Lance asked more calmly this time, though his voice was still bitter. The omega stayed quiet, scared to enrage the alpha any further. Keith clenched his hands into fists as he took another step back from Lance.
"Leave me alone," Keith's voice was quiet, filled with fear.

"You think you can tell me what to do?" Carson demanded, shoving Keith back against the wall. "You have no power here!" The alpha scoffed, advancing towards the trembling omega. Keith's breathing quick was as he backed himself up against the wall.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Keith stuttered out, trying to control his rapid breathing.
"Oh, so you're sorry now? Do you think I actually believe that? Do you think I fucking believe that, you little slut?!" Carson demanded, slamming his fist into Keith's gut. Keith let out a shuttering sob as he sunk to the ground in agony.
"That's what I thought. You are weak," Carson laughed as he shook his head and walked out of the room.

Keith shook his head, snapping out of the memories that flooded his mind.
"I'm not weak," Keith said under his breath as Lance looked at him with concern. "You think I'm fucking weak. Don't you?" Keith demanded, glared at Lance.
"No, I don't, Keith," Lance stated calmly.
"Liar! You're just like the rest of the team, a bunch of fucking liars!" Keith shouted, becoming visibly angrier.
"Why would I lie to you?" Lance asked, trying to stay calm despite Keith's accusations. Keith shook his head as he took a few steps backward before turning and beginning towards the escape pods. Lance chased after the omega. I can't lose you again, he thought to himself.
"Keith, you can't leave!" Lance shouted as he tackled Keith to the ground. "Look, I know you're angry and scared, but you can't leave," Lance stated in a quiet but frantic voice as he held Keith to the ground. Keith was frightened and breathing fast as he looked up at Lance.
"I don't want to hurt you or scare you even, but I need you to stay. I can't raise these pups without you," Lance whispered, staring into Keith's stormy purple eyes. "These pups need you. I know you'll regret it if you leave them, ok?" Lance explained, keeping his voice steady as he spoke. Keith thought for a moment before nodding.
"Ok," Keith responded, his voice quiet, still full of fear. Lance nodded back, removing his weight from Keith's body.
"Did I hurt you at all?" Lance asked as he helped Keith off the ground.
"I'm not weak," Keith murmured in response.
"I didn't ask if you were weak. I asked you if you were hurt," Lance explained, lifting the omega's chin. Keith bit the inside of his cheek, not making eye contact with the other.
"I... I'll be alright," Keith mumbled, looking into Lance's ocean blue orbs before glancing away.

Every step down the corridor felt like agony to Keith as his anxiety continued to well up inside him. Keith felt sick to his stomach. The thought of even trying to eat seemed overwhelming. Despite standing next to Lance, the alpha's voice seemed muffled. Keith took a shaking breath, trying to clear his mind of everything. Lance seemed to notice Keith's odd demeanor.
"...Keith, are you alright?" Lance asked, putting a hand on Keith's shoulder. Keith flinched, shaking his head as to clear it.
"Oh, um, yeah. Yeah, I'm alright," Keith reassured. "Why do you ask?"
"You just seem distracted. I said your name like five times before you responded," Lance said, his eyebrows knitted together.
"Oh..." Keith murmured, breaking eye contact with Lance. "Yeah, I was just thinking that's all," The omega reassured once more, lifting his eyes to look at Lance. Lance smiled gently, placing a kiss on the top of Keith's head.
"Alrighty, Love. Let's get to dinner. I'm sure Hunk cooked something good," Lance smiled. Keith nodded in response, giving Lance a weak smile in return. I really am weak... Keith thought, his smile fading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay angst! There's more angst to come. I've been trying some new things with my writing so if it seems a bit weird that's why.