36

Some time had passed before Lance pulled himself off the floor once more. Walking over to the cribs, Lance picked up his sleeping pups. Curling up on the bed, Lance held his children close."You alright there, buddy?" Hunk asked, watching as the alpha shrugged. "Well, Shiro just texted me. He said that Carson is in the containment cell, and you can come down to the med bay now,"Lance shook his head, frowning at Hunk. "I can't just sit in there and wait for Keith... I have to take care of my pups," Lance mumbled, his voice sounding almost dead."You know I can watch the twins, Shiro, too. If you're that concerned about it," Hunk said, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Get out. I don't need your help," Lance growled out, holding his pups closer to himself. "Aright. I'll leave you alone then," Hunk said, putting his hands up defensively as he stood. "Text me if you need anything," The beta spoke before leaving. Lance nodded, staying silent.Lance stood in the kitchen, mind numb and body aching. It had been about a week since the incident. The alpha spent nights in the med bay, waiting for Keith, and days taking care of his children. Sighing, Lance shook up the baby bottles. "You two are a lot of work," Lance murmured, looking down at his pups with tired eyes. The alpha hadn't been getting much sleep lately, nor had he been eating or taking care of himself. "You two are lucky, I love you way too much to not take care of you," Lance chuckled, taking the twins into the living room to feed them. Sitting on one of the couches, Lance helped the twins eat. "Woah, dude, you look like shit," Pidge said as she studied Lance's face. There were dark circles under Lance's eyes. His hair was unkempt and greasy. Lance gave pidge a glare, frowning a bit as he did so. "Anyway, I came to tell you that Keith is out of the healing pod," Pidge spoke, looking over Lance's face and waiting for a reaction. Lance's face softened, and he stood from the couch."That's good. Tell Keith I'll be down in a minute," Lance murmured, a soft smile tugging at his lips.After Lance finished feeding the pups, he went down to the med bay."Hey kitten, how do you feel?" Lance asked softly, going over to his omega. Keith looked up from his lap and over at Lance."Oh, you're here," Keith murmured, beginning to fidget. "Yeah, I'm here," Lance said, furrowing his brows. He handed the pups off to Pidge and sat down next to Keith. "Are you feeling alright?" The alpha asked, holding one of Keith's hands."Uh, yeah. I'm fine," Keith mumbled. "It just hurts, that's all," "Let's go lay down," Lance offed one of his hands to the omega as he stood. Keith nodded, using Lance's hand to pull himself up. "Can you watch these two for a bit?" Lance asked, watching as the beta nodded. "Don't worry about it," Pidge said, smiling down at the pups. Nodding, Lance helped Keith out of the med bay. Lance kept a tight hold around Keith's waist, refusing to leave his omega behind. Once in their bedroom, Lance made Keith lay down before climbing into bed next to him. "I'm sorry Carson hurt you, Lance whispered as he cuddled into Keith. Keith stayed silently curled up, his back facing Lance. "I know this is going to be hard for you, but you need to tell the team what Carson did to you," Lance murmured, wrapping his arms around the omega's body. Keith tensed at Lance's words. It was bad enough when he had to tell Lance what had happened. Now Lance expected Keith to tell everyone else?"I-I can't tell them," Keith whispered, hugging himself tightly. "I can't do this, Lance! Carson has already hurt me so much, and now you want me to tell the team?" The omega was beginning to tremble and shake. Lance's face softened as he pulled the small omega closer to him. "That's alright. Don't worry about it. I'll get it all taken care of, so Carson will be gone forever," Lance spoke calmly, knowing what he needed to do. "Rest, my love. All will be alright," After getting Keith to finally fall asleep, Lance left the bedroom. Entering the dining room, Lance retrieved the pups from Pidge and sat down at the table. "We have to do something about Carson," Lance said sternly, rocking his children gently. "Like what?" Shiro asked, raising an eyebrow at Lance."Well, I think we need to get rid of him. He hurt Keith. I can't allow that to happen again," Lance huffed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah yes maybe we'll finally get rid of Carson :)