43

Lance stayed close to Keith, listening to the breathing of his two pups and omega. He looked around the room, thinking about the earlier events. Keeping Keith safe was Lance's top priority, but it was hard at times, seeing as Keith could be stubborn. Letting out a sigh, Lance pulled himself from his thoughts. He untangled himself from Keith and sat quietly next to the boy. 
"He'll be gone soon," Lance murmured, running his fingers through Keith's silky, black hair. Keith was so beautiful, so kind, and sweet. Lance couldn't understand how someone could be so cruel. 
"I wish I could have done more in high school to keep you safe. I wish I could've stopped Carson from hurting you," Lance whispered, pulling in a sharp breath of air. 
"I could've helped you," Lance breathed out, pulling his knees to his chest and hugging them. Letting go of his knees, Lance turned his body away from Keith. Tears were welling up in the alpha's eyes as he stood from the bed. Grabbing a piece of scrap paper, Lance scribbled a note for Keith. Lance placed the scrap next to Keith and left the room. 

Lance stood at the entrance of the training deck, bayard in hand. He couldn't remember the last time he had trained, but Lance knew it had been a while. The last time Lance had trained, Carson hurt Keith. Fear and guilt began to eat away at Lance as he stood there looking around the large room. Lance felt tense as the hairs on the back of his neck prickled. Lance scoffed at himself, unable to take another step into the training deck. Lance's anxiety about leaving his omega alone only grew as he stood there, looking at the walls and the tall ceiling. Lance flinched as a hand was firmly placed on his shoulder.
"Are you alright, Lance?" Shiro asked, stepping to stand in front of Lance. 
"Uh, I'm fine," Lance murmured, breaking eye contact with the taller alpha. "I was just lost in thought," Lance said as he shrugged Shiro's hand off his shoulder. 
"Alright. Well, it looks like you were about to train. Mind if I join you?"  Shiro asked, studying the younger male's face.
"I was just finishing up," Lance said as he clenched his jaw and turned to leave. Shiro watched as Lance began to walk out of the training deck. 
"Hey, if you have anything on your mind, you can talk to me," Shiro offered, watching the younger alpha stop. 
"I..." Lance trailed off. "I'm fine, thanks for the offer," He said before walking away. 

Turning the corner, Lance began to run in the direction of his bedroom. Panic was rising in his throat as terrible thoughts filled his mind.
"No, no, no, no, no," Lance whispered to himself as he struggled to open the door. He was beginning to panic more as his trembling, sweating hands fought to open the door. 
"Keith, Keith!" Lance shouted frantically, bursting into the room. His chest ached, and his lungs burned as Lance stood in the doorway of the bedroom. Keith woke with a start, looking at the panicked alpha.
"Are you alright, Lance?" Keith questioned with concern. The omega climbed out of bed, his socked feet hitting the floor with gentle taps. Trying to take a step forward, Lance found himself crumbling to the ground. Lance struggled to breathe as he let out sobs, and tears rolled down his caramel cheeks.
"Hey, hey, it's alright," Keith murmured, kneeling down next to Lance.  "I think you're panicking, Lance," Keith spoke in a gentle tone as he took Lance's hands in his own. "Can you look at me, please?" Keith asked, reaching up to cup Lance's cheeks. Lance looked up at Keith, his eyes still panicked and wide. Giving Lance a gentle smile, Keith wiped the alpha's tears away. 
"Would you like a hug?" Keith asked, watching as Lance began to nod. Pulling the lanky male into his arms, Keith began to run his fingers through Lance's hair. The two sat in silence for a few moments as Lance calmed down. 
"Are you going to be alright?" Keith asked, still a bit worried by how panicked the alpha had been. 
"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright now, Kitten," Lance said, trying not to let his voice waver as he lifted his head to look at Keith. 
"Do you wanna talk about what happened?" Keith asked, making eye contact. Lance clenched his jaw, breaking eye contact with Keith. Despite looking away, Lance could still feel Keith's unblinking stare burning into him. 
"I don't wanna upset you," Lance said as he took in a large breath. The alpha fidgeted, nervous for what Keith's response would be. 
"You won't upset me, but if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine," Keith reassured, listening as Lance let out a sigh of relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehe have some angst 👉👉