46

The walk down the hallway seemed longer than ever. Keith kept close to Lance, trying not to let his anxiety show. The omega clenched his hands into tight fists, thinking about all Carson had put him through. He was angry at himself for being weak. Keith released his breath, removing his nails from the palms of his hands. Maybe if I hadn't been so vulnerable, I wouldn't have gotten hurt. Keith thought to himself as he and Lance entered the dining room. Anger began to boil in Keith's chest as he saw Carson sitting at the table. The red-headed alpha sat, unrestrained, freely conversing with the rest of the team.
"What the hell?" Keith demanded, his fists beginning to shake with anger. "Are you guys really just going to let him sit there like that after all he's done?" He stood there in the doorway of the dining room as he shook his head in disbelief. 
"Keith," Lance began, reaching out to place a hand on the omega's shoulder. 
"Why? Why the hell would you let my abuser sit at the goddamned like he's done nothing?" 
The team looked at Keith, staying silent, a guilty look on most of their faces. 
"Just because he hurt you doesn't mean he's a bad person," Allura said, a frown creasing her lips. 
"Are you fucking serious? Carson didn't just hurt me. He killed my pup and abused me. He made it, so I can't have children without being at serious risk of dying," Keith was shaking with rage as he dug his nails into his hands once again. 
"Keith, let's go," Lance said as he grabbed Keith's hand and pulled him out of the dining room. Keith sunk down to the floor, tears beginning to well up in his eyes.
"Kitten, what's wrong?" Lance asked as he cupped Keith's cheeks in his hands. Keith shook his head, tears rolling down his cheeks as he closed his eyes. 
"I can't do this anymore. I can't stay here if Carson doesn't leave," Keith whispered, clenching his hands into fists. Lance sighed softly, rubbing the tears from the omega's face.
"I'll see what I can do, but if I can't work something out, I won't be mad if you leave," Lance murmured. He didn't want his omega to leave, but Lance hated to see Keith suffer. "Come on, let's go back to our room," 

Keith sat on the bed, hugging his knees as he tried to calm himself. There was only one other place Keith could go, and that was the Blade of Marmora. Lance quietly tended to the pups. He didn't want Keith to leave, but it was his only option at this point. 
"Do you need me to get you a bag?" Lance asked as he burped Trent. Lance turned around as he heard Keith get off the bed. 
"I have one. Don't worry about it," 
Lance nodded, turning back around to put Trent back in the crib. Keith grabbed a bag, one small enough to fit a week's worth of clothes and anything else he needed. 
"I'm leaving tonight," Keith's voice was quiet as he began to pack his clothes into the bag. Lance bit the inside of his cheek as he felt a deep pang of sadness taking over his body. 
"Just... Let me know when you get there safe," Lance's voice was filled with the emotion that filled him.

 Keith soon finished packing. He pressed his petite body into Lance's back as he hugged the alpha. 
"I don't want to leave you," Keith whispered, tears rolling down his cheeks as he rested his head against Lance's back. 
"I know, Kitten," Lance murmured, turning around to return the omega's embrace. "As much as I don't want you to leave, I don't like seeing you suffer because of Carson," 
"Can we just cuddle?" Keith asked, his voice soft. 
"Of course, baby," Lance gently spoke as he lifted the omega and carried him over to the bed. 

The two cuddled late into the night. Everyone was in bed by now, and Keith was ready to leave.
"I should probably get going," Keith said as he pulled himself away from Lance. Lance bit his lip, sadness filling him again as he watched the omega stand up. 
"I'm really going to miss you," Lance murmured, hugging himself. "Let me know when you get there,"
Keith nodded, grabbing his bag and looking over at Lance. 
"I'm going to miss you too," Keith said as he kissed the alpha. "I'll make sure to text you as soon as I get there," The omega reassured as he began to exit the room.
"Make sure you get some sleep," Keith looked back at Lance as he stood in the doorway. A smile grew on the omega's lips as he left the room, only to soon fade away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ oops I ment to get rid of Carson. I guess that didn't happen 🤷‍♂️