27

"We have a big mission coming up. We're going to need all the lions," Allura explained, making Lance frown. "Keith is not going on that mission. He's far too pregnant, and I don't want him getting hurt," Lance said, crossing his arms. "We have no other choice. Keith needs to come on this mission. Without Keith, we can't form Voltron," Allura said, frowning back at Lance."I could fly the red lion," Carson said, making the whole team turn towards him. "No. Hell no. Red is Keith's," Lance said, glaring at Carson. "You don't get a say, Carson. You're not even a part of this team,""He has a point, Lance. If Keith can't fly the red lion, then let Carson fly her," Hunk suggested, gesturing towards Carson."Why are you guys still siding with him!? He tried to kill my omega!" Lance shouted, now furious. "Just calm down, Lance. Carson didn't try to kill Keith," Shiro said calmly."Don't tell me to fucking calm down!" Lance growled, storming off the bridge. Lance entered the bedroom where he had left Keith to wait for him. "Back already?" Keith questioned, turning towards Lance. "What happened?" The omega asked, seeing the expression on Lance's face. Saying nothing, Lance walked over to the bed and buried his face in Keith's shoulder. "Shh, shh," Keith whispered, feeling Lance trembling in his arms. He rubbed Lance's back, trying to calm the alpha. "Can you talk to me, please?" The omega ran his fingers through Lance's hair."They don't believe me, Keith. I know Carson hurt you. Coran and I found it on video," Lance said, his voice shaking. Keith tensed, continuing to hold his lover. "They want you to go on this big mission too. I don't want to lose our children... Carson suggested he take the red lion. I said no, but they won't listen to me! Maybe I really am just the fifth wheel," Tears fell down Lance's caramel skin and onto Keith's shirt. "You're not a fifth wheel, Lance. Even if you were, you'd be my fifth wheel," Keith murmured, pressing a kiss to Lance's temple. "I don't want to leave you here by yourself, Keith... I can't let Carson take your lion either because then you'll have nothing to go back to once the pups are born," Lance sighed out, resting his chin on Keith's shoulder yet again. "Plus, the pups are going to be born anytime now. I don't see why they can't just wait," Keith stroked Lance's back gently, sighing as well. "We have a few more weeks, though the pups are likely going to be born sooner than that," Keith murmured, placing a hand on his belly. "If Carson does end up taking my lion, I'll be going to continue my training with the blades,""No! No, Keith, you can't just leave the pups and me!" Lance said defensively, pulling back from Keith's embrace. "I need you. Our pups need you," The alpha's eyes began to fill with tears again as he grabbed Keith's shoulders. "Lance, I'm going to do what's best for everyone, and if that means leaving Voltron, that's what I'll do," Keith spoke sternly, hugging his pregnant belly. Lance's hands dropped from the omega's shoulders."Alright... Just... Just be safe out there, Keith," Lance mumbled, hugging Keith tightly. Keith hugged back, burying his face in the crook of Lance's neck. Soon the day of the big mission had come. After freeing naxzela, the Volton coalition would have one-third of the galra empire. Lance had bonded to the red lion and Allura to blue, leaving Keith at the castle and Carson helping the rebels. Everything was going as planned until another galra cruiser arrived. Instead of attacking, the ship stopped not far from naxzela. There was something attached to the bow of the cruiser. It wasn't something the rebels recognized. "We've lost all communication with Voltron," One of the rebels said over the coms. Keith looked up at Coran with a frown."What's going on out there? Is the team alright?" Keith questioned, standing up and going over to Coran's control panel. "I don't know, number four, but it appears there's some magnetic interference coming from naxzela," Coran said, furrowing his brows. "What's that supposed to mean?" Keith asked, crossing his arms."I don't know. I hope Voltron is alright," Coran sighed. "You should be resting, Keith. Why don't you go sit down?" The beta male asked. Keith nodded and sat back down with a sigh. "When do you think we'll get communication with Voltron back?" Keith asked, placing his hands on his belly and rubbing it. "I don't know, but I hope we get it back soon. I'm starting to get worried," Coran sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah haha I told you the fluff wouldn't last longggggggg~ 🙃