25

After finishing their meal, Keith and Lance headed down to the beach. "Wanna look for seashells?" Lance asked, giving Keith's hand a squeeze. Keith nodded, kicking at the sand. "I'm not gunna sat down. If I do that, I won't be able to get back up," Keith murmured and looked down at the sand."Well, we can just stroll then," Lance smiled at Keith. The two began to walk down the beach, water lapping gently at their feet. Spotting something poking up from the sand, Lance reached down and picked it up. In his hands, Lance held an Alice blue and dusty pink shell. He brushed the sand off carefully, Lance handed the seashell to Keith. "What do you think? Should we keep it?" Lance asked, grinning at Keith. "Definitely," Keith smiled back at Lance, letting the shell rest in his hand. The two continued to explore, finding things in shops and snacks they had never tried before. Soon it was time to have dinner. Lance found himself trembling as he and Keith entered the restaurant. This was it. It was time for Lance to propose."Table for two," Lance said, trying not to let his voice shake. The two were led back to a table and seated. "What drinks can I get started for you two?" the waitress asked, clutching her notepad."Just a glass of water, please," Keith murmured, not making eye contact."I'll have the same," Lance chimed in, his voice cracking slightly. The waitress nodded and walked away."Are you alright, Lance?" Keith asked quietly, looking over at Lance."Yeah, I'm alright. Don't worry about me, Kitten," Lance smiled at Keith and held the omega's hands. "If you say so..." Keith sighed out, looking over the menu.The waitress came back and set the drinks down on the table. "Ready to order?" She asked, looking down at the couple. Keith nodded and pointed to what he wanted, Lance doing the same. After the waitress left, Lance took a shaky breath and stood. Getting down on one knee, Lance took a small velvet box out of his pocket and opened it. "Keith Kogane, my beautiful omega, love of my life, will you marry me?" Lance asked, looking up at Keith with a weak smile. Keith's eyes grew wide and filled with tears. "Y-yes?" Keith whispered, "Yes! A million times yes," The omega said happily. Lance stood quickly, encasing Keith in a tight hug. The embrace continued for a few more seconds before Lance pulled back and slipped the ring onto Keith's slender fingers.The ring was two gold bands intertwined with an amethyst stone in the middle and miniature red and blue jewels incrusted into the bands."It's so beautiful, Lance," Keith mumbled, admiring the ring that snuggly wrapped around his ring finger. He had barely touched his food as he was too busy studying the golden bands."Just like you, Kitten. I do think you need to eat some of your dinner," Lance said, pointing his fork at Keith. "I know, I know," Keith huffed, picking his fork up. "I can't believe you proposed to me and with this pretty ring too. I don't wanna look away from it," Keith sighed and began to eat."I know, Kitten. You can admire it all you want after you eat your dinner," Lance said, smiling at his omega. "So... I was thinking, when and where do we want to have our wedding?""Uh...Well, not in space, and after the pups are born," Keith said, thinking to himself."Well, yeah, but where? Texas? Ohio? We can literally go any in the universe," Lance huffed slightly. Keith sat quietly, now deep in thought. "I... I don't know, Lance. I mean, I know that I want it to be on earth," Keith murmured."That's a start. You don't have to know right now. After all, we have no idea when this galactic space war is going to end or if it will at all," Lance scoffed, looking down at his plate. "I just... I don't want to lose you, Keith. I want to be able to marry you and raise our children in a safe place," Lance reached across the table and held one of Keith's hands. "I know, Lance," Keith murmured, squeezing Lance's hand. "I'm scared too. The team is scared. Hell, we're only teenagers, and we're fighting a war," The two sat in silence for the rest of dinner. When Keith and Lance finished, Lance paid, and they left. Holding Lance's hand, Keith let out a sigh. "I love you, Lance," Keith whispered, watching the sunset as they walked towards the blue lion. "I love you too, Kitten," Lance said, a smile tugging at his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy your fluff while it lasts :)