37

"We can't just get rid of him, Lance. He's become a part of the team," Pidge said, frowning at Lance. "Well, we can't just keep him either," Lance huffed, glaring at Pidge. "Carson has hurt Keith far too many times to let him stay here. I can't let the person who abused my omega stay here," Lance murmured, looking away from the team and down at his pups. "Abused him?..." Shiro questioned, looking over at Lance."Yeah... Before you took Keith in, he was in a relationship with Carson. I won't go into detail for Keith's privacy, but Carson did cause Keith to lose a baby," Lance mumbled, not looking up to make eye contact with anyone at the table. The team was silent and unmoving before someone spoke up. "Lance, what did Carson do to make Keith lose his pup?" Shiro asked, looking over at Lance."It's not my place to tell you, but I doubt Keith will want to talk about it," Lance huffed, standing up from his chair. "Keith had a hard enough time telling me. I don't think he'd do well telling the whole team," The alpha murmured before leaving the dining room. After getting the pups to sleep, Lance sat on the edge of the bed. Lance let out a sigh as he flopped back on the bed. He was frustrated with his own team. The alpha stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "I don't know what I'm going to do," Lance sighed out, reaching over to hold his omega's hand. "They probably don't even believe that Carson hurt you," Lance laid down next to Keith, pulling his sleeping omega close. Lance pressed his face into Keith's shoulder, feeling tears well up in his eyes. "I just wanna keep you safe," Lance murmured, taking in Keith's sweet scent. Before Lance knew it, he had fallen fast asleep next to his omega. Keith woke up to a dark room and a foggy mind. He could feel arms wrapped around his waist and his body overheating. Whimpering, the omega freed himself from Lance's arms and pulled himself out of bed. Keith stumbled forward, his legs like jelly, as he entered the bathroom. Stripping down to his boxers, Keith leaned against the counter, beginning to rummage through pill bottles in the medicine cabinet. "Where are they..." Keith murmured to himself, still looking for his heat suppressants. "What are you doing up so late, Kitten?" Lance mumbled, entering the bathroom and hugging Keith from behind. The alpha's arms relaxed around Keith's waist as Lance realized what was going on. "I can help you," Lance whispered, feeling Keith lean back against his chest. "I can't find my suppressants. I haven't made a nest or got food for the week. My skin feels like it's burning off, Lance," Keith whined, stressing about his heat. "Don't worry about it, Kitten. I'll get the things you need. Would you like me to help you find your suppressants?" The alpha asked gently, rubbing circles on Keith's hips. Keith nodded, laying his head back on Lance's shoulder."Go lay back down, and I'll be back with your suppressants in a few minutes," Lance said gently, letting go of Keith. Nodding, Keith pulled away from Lance and stumbled back into the bedroom. Sighing, Lance soon found the heat suppressants. He grabbed the box and a few painkillers before going to the bedroom. "Here you go, Kitten," Lance murmured, handing his omega the box and painkillers. Keith nodded gratefully and took the pills. "In the morning, I'll get you some things for your nest and some food," Lance said quietly, pressing a kiss to Keith's forehead. After Keith finally fell asleep again, Lance allowed himself to relax and go back to sleep as well.Lance fed the pups before leaving them with Pidge and Hunk. Lance gathered blankets and dirty clothes for Keith to use in his nest. "I brought you some things for your nest, Kitten," Lance said, placing the pile on the bed. "I dropped the pups off with Pidge and hunk, so we can have a few days to ourselves,""Thank you, I just need a bit to make my nest," Keith murmured, fidgeting with his hands."That's alright. I need to go get you some food and more suppressants. I noticed you were almost out," Lance said, giving Keith a small smile before leaving the room as requested. Lance felt odd as he gathered food. Usually, the alpha would only gather food when Lance knew his rut was approaching. Sighing, Lance set the food he had gathered outside of the bedroom. Lance then went to ask Coran if he had any heat suppressants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the wait. I lost motivation for a few days.