11

By the early morning, Keith was struggling to keep himself conscious. His is head was spinning as he was hit again by the gladiator. Keith lifted his sword, struggling to focus on the robot that kept running at him again. Being struck again, this time in the head, Keith fell unconscious. The gladiator stood over the boy, knowing he had accepted defeat.At breakfast, all were sitting at the table, except for Keith"Hey, has anyone seen Keith? He was with me last night, but he wasn't there when I woke up," Lance said, glancing around at the team. "Have you checked his room?" Pidge asked, crossing her arms."Maybe he's in the training deck," Hunk chimed in."I doubt he's in there... I told him not to train. I'll check anyway," Lance said as he looked down at his food. He didn't eat much before excusing himself from the table. Shoving his hands in his pockets, Lance made his way down to the training deck. "Hey, you in there, Kei- oh god... No, no, no, Keith," Lance ran over to Keith's desolate-looking body."Keith, baby, wake up. Please wake up, goddamn it!" Lance shouted and checked Keith for a pulse."Oh, thank god," Lance whispered as he picked Keith up and began running towards the med bay. Setting Keith down on one of the beds, Lance grabbed his phone and called Coran."You have to get down here right now!" Lance demanded as soon as Coran answered his phone. Hanging up on Coran, Lance set his phone down and looked over Keith, his hands shaking."You better be alright," Lance whispered, putting a hand on his omega's belly. He growled softly, feeling the pups move under his hand. They were alright, but Lance still opted for Coran to check on them. "You have to make sure he's alright!" Lance demanded as Coran entered the med bay. Coran came over to Keith and began to look over his injuries. "What happened?" Coran asked, not looking away from the frail omega's body."I-I don't know! I found him like this. Is he alright? Are my pups alright?" Lance questioned, clearly in a panic. "They should all be alright. Keith is concussed, but otherwise, he has very minimal injuries." Coran said calmly, picking Keith up. "I'm going to put him in the healing pod, and he should be out by dinner," The older man said, placing Keith's limp body in the cryo pod.Lance paced around the med bay, chewing on his lower lip. Guilt and worry consumed his every thought as the hours ticked on. By the time dinner rolled around, Lance was on the floor in a worried panic. His hands were trembling, and he felt as if he here suffocating. The sound of the healing pod opening pulled Lance out of his thoughts. He was quick to his feet as he caught his falling omega.There was a rush of cool air as the healing pod opened. Keith began to fall out of the pod but was quickly caught by a pair of strong arms. "Let's get you to bed..." Keith heard a distant voice speak as he was hoisted upward and carried. Lance carried Keith to the omega's room and set the small boy in bed. "Just go to sleep, Kitten," The voice murmured. Keith, recognizing who it was, opened his eyes slightly, trying to get a glimpse of his alpha. Lance covered Keith in a blanket and flicked off the light. "Hey, there, sleepyhead. How are you feeling?" Lance asked, running a hand through Keith's hair as the omega opened his eyes. Keith stretched as he looked up at Lance. "I'm alright," Keith murmured with a yawn. "What time is it?" He asked, hugging one of his pillows."Eh, is like one o'clock," Lance said, petting Keith's head. "You've also been asleep for, like, two days, Kitten," The alpha said and placed a kiss on Keith's forehead. "Two days? Heh, maybe I should just go back to sleep," Keith chuckled lightly, his lips stretching into a smile. "No, you can't go back to sleep," Lance said, grinning at Keith. He kissed the omega's face and pulled the boy into a hug. Keith giggled and nuzzled Lance's neck."Alright, alright, I won't go back to sleep," The omega said and let out a sigh as he hugged his belly."Mmm, you should probably eat something, Kitten," Lance said, placing his hands on Keith's belly. "The pups need food too, you know?" He said, giving Keith a tiny nudge."I know, I know," Keith huffed, getting out of bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lol we love some good angst