48

A vent located at the top of the adjacent wall was his way in. Using the opposing wall and his knife, Keith propelled himself up to the vent. Keith watched as the vent cover fell to the ground, a metallic thud following as it hit the sand. Dislodging his knife from the wall, Keith pulled himself inside. He let out a sigh of relief, closing his eyes as he did so. The sound of blasters hitting the metal around the opening in the wall made Keith flinch. "Fuck," Keith half-shouted to himself as he scampered further back into the vent as to not get hit by the beams. "I gotta get out of here," Keith mumbled under his breath as he crawled further. The sounds of commotion from outside could still be heard echoing against the walls of the enclosed space. Following the map in his suit, Keith continued moving until he found the main control panel.  Pressing his back against one wall and his feet against the opposite, Keith slid down the narrow shaft. Peering through the slits in the alloy, Keith examined the room below. 

"There's been a security breach. We need to lock things down," The taller of the two galran soldiers spoke as he tapped away at the keyboard that was projected in front of him. The other nodded, moving over to look at a different screen. Two sentries guarded the exit to the room. After removing the cover to the ventilation shaft, Keith dropped. Lunging forward, Keith plunged his knife into one of the sentries chests'. Keith was quick to move to the next, slicing the bot in half from its midsection. Both sentinels crumpled, clanging together as they hit the ground with a thud. The two galran soldiers turned around, surprised by the sudden commotion behind them. Keith sprinted forward, his blade directed towards an open spot on the galra's armor. Keith felt his back slam into the wall behind him as he was thrown back by the taller of the two galran. Keith struggled for breath, tears falling behind his mask. His chest burned for air as he watched the two soldiers begin advancing towards him. Finally able to get a breath in, Keith jumped to his feet, ready to fight. 
"Now, what do we have here?" The taller questioned as he grabbed the collar of Keith's hood. Keith felt his feet lift off the ground before he was slammed into the wall once again. 
"What a prize!" The other exclaimed, wrapping his hand around Keith's thigh. It wasn't hard for the alphas to smell the fear that came from Keith. Keith fought back, trying to contain the panic that was rising in his chest. The hand that had been holding Keith up enclosed around his neck. Dark spots began to fill his vision as he clawed at the soldier's hand. 

Keith gasped for air, his vision beginning to clear. His body lay slumped against the wall.
"Are you alright, Kit?" Regris questioned as he grabbed Keith's chin. "We need to get out of here. The ship is leaving soon," Keith's head fell limp as Regris let go of his face. Regris shook his head as he stood up and walked away from Keith. He stood in front of the projected screen, gathering the information Keith had failed to get. Keith pushed himself up into a sitting position, taking shaking breaths as he did so.
"I got the information. Let's go," Regris grabbed Keith, pulling him from the ground. Keith's feet were barely touching the ground as Regris dragged him along. 
"You need to get checked out when we get back," Regris spoke as he helped Keith into the ship. Keith crumpled to the ground, unable to keep himself standing any longer. 

"Everything looks alright," The nurse murmured to herself as she examined Keith. "Are you struggling to breathe at all?"
"A bit," Keith spoke in response, his voice weak and small. He was still shaken by what had happened on the mission. Keith's head hurt, and his body was screaming for sleep. What did he expect? The only thing Keith didn't understand was why Regris had helped him. He could have gotten the information and left Keith, but he didn't. 
"Alright. Well, I don't think you should go on any more missions for a few days until your breathing clears up. You've got a pretty nasty concussion, too," The nurse helped Keith up from the bed where he was sitting. "Off to bed now. Make sure you're getting plenty of rest," 
"I will," Keith sighed out, already feeling restless with the thought of waiting to go on another mission. He walked out of the medical bay. His body ached, and all he wanted was Lance. Keith wanted to be held by his lover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehe angst