16

The next few days went by in a blur for Keith. His wrist ached and didn't seem to be getting any better. This, of course, worried Lance. He urged the omega to see Coran, but Keith continued to refuse."I really think you should go see Coran..." Lance murmured worriedly, placing the back of his hand on Keith's forehead. Keith was still feverish. "I don't wanna..." Keith huffed, batting at Lance's hand. He had been refusing to eat as well. Keith hated throwing up because of morning sickness."Well, can you at least eat something?" Lance asked, offering one of the pastries he had made a few days prior. "The pups need food too. If you don't eat, then neither do they," The alpha sighed. Keith reluctantly took the cake and began to eat it quietly. He knew Lance was right, so he did as he was asked."What's in these?" Keith asked quietly, finishing the treat."Uh, guava paste and cream cheese. Why do you ask?" Lance said, looking at Keith. Keith's eyes got wide, and he frowned at Lance. "I have a dairy allergy, Lance..." Keith whispered. He quickly got out of bed and went into the bathroom. Keith rummaged through the medicine cabinet, unable to find his EpiPen. Continuing to search, Keith could feel his throat closing. Finally, finding his EpiPen, Keith jabbed the needle into his thigh and took a gasping breath. Keith collapsed to the ground and took a few shaking breaths as the allergic reaction subsided. Lance kneeled next to Keith and pulled the omega close. "Are you alright, Kitten?" Lance asked as he picked Keith up. "Yeah, yeah. I'm alright," Keith murmured, leaning his head against the alpha's chest. "I'm taking you to Coran. I want him to look at your wrist and make sure you're alright," Lance said, making Keith frown. Keith huffed in dismay but allowed Lance to take him down to the med bay. "It appears that Keith's wrist is broken. As for the allergic reaction, he should be alright," Coran said and smiled sadly at the omega. "I want you to go in the healing pod Keith and when you get out, have something to eat and rest," The beta said as he had Lance help Keith down from the bed. Lance carefully helped Keith into the healing pod. "I'll be here when you get out," The alpha murmured, placing a soft kiss on Keith's forehead.Lance headed down to his lion, sighing as he did so. He didn't want to go on some dumb rescue mission. Lance wanted to be in the med bay, waiting for his omega to get out of the healing pod."What's the plan, Shiro?" Lance asked as he joined the other lions. "Just a quick in and out. The galra left some prisoners stranded on a nearby moon. We're just going to pick them up and help patch up any injuries," Shiro explained, leading them to the moon. "Why do we all need to come, then?" Lance huffed in annoyance."You and Hunk are going to guard from above while Pidge and I load the prisoners onto our lions," Shiro said, trying not to get irritated at Lance. The mission went as planned, and it wasn't long before they arrived back at the castle. Lance led the now freed prisoners to the med bay. "Shiro wants you to check for injuries and get everyone patched up," The alpha murmured, scanning the small crowd of aliens. Tilting his head, Lance noticed what looked like another human. "Hey, are you a human too?" Lance questioned as he placed a hand on the other's shoulder."Hm? Uh, yeah, I'm a human too," The male said, turning to face Lance. "I'm Carson, and you are?" Carson asked, putting his hand out for Lance to shake. "Lance, nice to meet you. How'd you even get all the way up here?" Lance asked, shaking Carson's hand. "Well, long story short, I was abducted by the galra. You're an alpha, right? I am too," Carson was a tall male. His skin was pale, but not as light as Keith's. He had piercing emerald eyes that seemed to tear into Lance's soul."Yeah, I am... Anyway, I should be getting back to my omega now," Lance murmured, weary of the auburn-haired alpha. Walking back to the healing pod Keith occupied, Lance could feel Carson's chartreuse orbs boring into his back. After the crowd was cleared, only one remained. Carson. He stood there, making charming small talk with Coran as he got patched up. There was something about him that made Lance unsettled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe I'll post two chapters today