8

Coran cheerfully led the two into the med bay and gestured for Keith to sit down. Keith sat down on the white-sheeted bed and looked around the room. It wasn't the first time Keith was in the med bay but, he was anxious this time.

"Just lay back and try to relax for me," Coran directed, and Keith did as he was told. "I'm just going to do a quick ultrasound to see how your little one is doing," He explained to Keith as he lifted the omega's shirt. Coran spread the ultrasound gel on Keith's belly, making Keith squirm uncomfortably.

"It's cold," Keith whined and looked over at Lance.

"I know, Kitten. I know," Lance soothed as he held Keith's hand in his own. Coran looked up at the screen that showed the ultrasound.

"You definitely are pregnant, and with twins at that!" Coran said brightly, smiling at the couple. Keith's expression turned to shock as he looked up at Coran.

"There's two of them?!" Keith said and looked over at Lance.

"Yes, Kitten. There's two of them," Lance said with a smile stretching across his lips. He kissed the top of Keith's head before looking over at Coran.

"When will we be able to know their genders, Coran?" Lance asked, reaching down to hold Keith's hand.

"For their first genders, we'll be able to tell in three weeks to a month. As for their secondary genders, they'll present when their body is ready," Coran said with a smile as he wiped the gel of Keith's belly. "If you have any questions, concerns, you got hurt, or you're not feeling well, you come straight to me. Got that, number four?" The apricot-haired Altean said, giving Keith a slight nudge. Keith gave a silent nod and hopped off the cramped bed. He was excited to finally have something to call his own, yet anxiety was eating away at him.

"Can you believe it? We're having twins, Keith!" Lance said, excited, as he followed his omega out of the med bay. Keith only nodded as he continued to make his way back to the safety of his bedroom. He crossed his arms over his chest and chewed on the inside of his frown-bearing lips.

"Keith?" Lance questioned, giving the boy a tap on the shoulder. Keith was now pulled from his thoughts, looked over at lance in acknowledgment.

"Are you alright, Kitten? You've gotten awfully quiet all of a sudden," Lance murmured with furrowed eyebrows.

"Ah, sorry... I was just... Lost in my thoughts. It's no big deal," Keith mumbled, looking down as he sighed.

"Well, would you like to talk about it? You don't have to, of course," Lance said, locking his fingers with Keith's. Keith shook his head, his course now changing towards the training deck.

"Keith, you know I don't want you training," Lance said, giving Keith's hand a light squeeze. Keith frowned and pulled his hand away from Lance's.

"Why do you have to be worried about me all the time!?" Keith shouted in frustration. "I feel like I can't do anything by myself without you worrying about my every action!"

"That's my job, Keith. I'm supposed to take care of you. That's how relationships work," Lance said, frustration nipping at his voice.

"Well, maybe I don't want you to take care of me! I can take care of myself perfectly fine!" And with that, Keith whipped around and continued towards the training deck. Lance followed in pursuit of Keith.

"Stop following me, Lance," Keith said with a low growl.

"You're not training, Keith," Lance said, trying not to growl back.

"Yes, I am. You have no say in what I do," Keith huffed.

"You're not training. That's final," Lance snapped, using his alpha voice. Keith froze in his tracks, his body beginning to tremble.

"Okay..." The omega's voice came out as barely more than a whisper. There were tears in Keith's eyes as he turned towards his alpha.

"Keith... I... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," Lance's voice was soft now as he looked upon the omega. Keith's stature had grown small, making him look more omega-like. Lance stepped towards the boy, making him flinch back with a whimper.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry! Please?! I'll be a good omega! Don't hit me... My pups," Keith's voice changed in tone and speed as he spoke. He was a scarred mess.

"Kitten, why would you think I'd hit you?" Lance asked, his eyebrows knitted together in worry about the omega. He reached out for Keith again, only to watch as the omega broke down in tears. Not knowing what to do, Lance backed away from Keith.

"I... I'll leave you alone now," Lance said, finally retreating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One more day till spring break. I just gotta get through today and tomorrow and then its spring break and I'll be able to post more for yall.