31

"Shouldn't Keith be back by now?" Lance asked himself, looking at his watch. Ten had passed by, and Keith still hadn't returned. Frowning, Lance left the food he had been preparing. He needed to check on Keith. "Kitten, are you alright?" Lance asked, concern filling his voice as he entered the room. "No, no, I am not alright," Keith said bluntly, gasping in pain. "In fact, I believe I'm in labor," The omega huffed, leaning back against the bed. Lance froze, his eyes wide as he processed what Keith had just said. "Can you walk?" Lance asked, finally finding his voice. Keith shook his head as he let out another pained breath. Shuffling over to the omega, Lance scooped Keith up in his arms and began towards the med bay. Lance paced, waiting for Coran to pick up his phone. "Come on... Pick up already," Lance huffed, tapping his foot. "Hello, number four. What do you need?" Coran asked, his voice cheery as usual. "Keith is in labor. I need you down in the med bay now. I don't know how to deliver a baby," Lance said frantically. "Quiznack, I'll be down in just a tic," Coran said before hanging up. The beta male quickly made his way down to the med bay. Coran entered the med bay and over to Keith. He began to explain the birthing process to Keith.By the time the first pup was born, Keith was exhausted and struggling to stay awake. "Come on, Kitten. You gotta stay awake," Lance said softly, rubbing the omega's hand and kissing the top of his head. Keith whined, struggling to keep his eyes open. "It hurts..." Keith murmured, tears rolling down his cheeks as he tried to push again. The omega panted, laying his head back on back on the pillows. "I know it hurts, but you gotta keep going. You don't want to lose your pup, do you?" Lance questioned, squeezing Keith's hand. Keith shook his head, more tears streaming down the omega's cheeks.As soon as the second pup was born, Keith passed out, the color draining from his cheeks."Keith? Kitten, are you still with us?" Lance asked, squeezing the omega's hand. "Coran, I think there's some wrong with Keith," Lance said, looking over at Coran with furrowed eyebrows."He's probably just tired and needs some rest," Coran said, swaddling the pups. "No, Coran... He's... He's not breathing," Lance began to panic. "Coran! He's not breathing!" Coran set the pups down and rushed over to Keith. The omega was beginning to go cold, his skin drained of color. "I'll get Allura!" Coran said, running out of the room. Lance began CPR, trying to revive Keith."Kitten, please. Please don't do this to me! You can't die on me!" Lance shouted, tears running down his cheeks. It wasn't working. Keith was already gone. Lance took a step back, his entire body shaking. "No... No, no, no," Lance whispered, covering his mouth. The alpha stumbled backward, a sob escaping his throat. Lance hugged himself, a blank expression on his face. He could see Pidge and Hunk's mouths moving, but the words were muffled. Lance felt Hunk's embrace around his body, but the alpha did not acknowledge it. "Come one, Lance," Pidge snapped her fingers. "Look at me," "Keith is alright, Lance," Hunk reassured, not knowing if what we said we true. Lance leaned back into Hunk's arms, still unable to focus on anything that was happening around him. How could he? Allura was able to revive the omega, leaving her drained of energy and Keith alive. "He's alive," Allura said, her voice weak. Lance was up in an instant."Kitten?" The alpha murmured, grabbing Keith's hand. Lance squeezed Keith's hand, earning a weak pulse of the omega's hand in return. "Do you want to see our pups?" Lance asked, stroking Keith's hair gently. "He needs rest," Coran said, placing a hand on Lance's shoulder. Lance nodded, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Keith. Lance stayed close to omega, not wanting to move away, scared to lose him. Keith slipped in and out of consciousness throughout the day. When we awoke, his body was hot with pain. The omega tried to call for Lance, for anyone, but his voice was lost. "You have a fever, Kitten," Lance's voice pierced through Keith's foggy mind. "I'll go get Coran," The alpha sighed, leaving the bed reluctantly. Keith didn't know how long Lance had been gone. Soon the alpha's body was pressed against his own again."Coran said you can't have anything for your fever till you wake up," Lance huffed, nuzzling the omega's shoulder. Lance sighed, staying close to Keith, still afraid to lose his omega."I can't lose you, Keith," 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Damn yall are really blowing up my phone with notifications. Thank you for all the support. :)