39

"Last time I tried to tell anyone what happened, nobody believed me until I was rotting in a hospital bed with doctors and nurses fighting to keep me alive," Keith huffed, looking away from Lance. Tears were still streaming down the omega's cheeks. "Everyone said I cried wolf because there were no signs of abuse. All I got told was to stop lying because Carson was such a nice young man, and there was no way he could've hurt me. No one listened or batted an eye when I tried to tell them how Carson let his friends rape me!" Keith shouted, digging his nails into his arms."Why the hell would you believe me if I told you that bastard raped me?! How do I know that you're not going to think I'm lying about him violating my body again?" Keith's voice waned into a whisper as he broke down in tears once more. Lance sat there for a moment, his face twisting into one of confusion and worry. "Keith... Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Lance asked quietly, studying the omega's face with furrowed brows. Keith shook his head, not looking over at his alpha."When did this happen, Keith?" Lance questioned, making the omega look him in the eyes. Keith flinched as Lance touched his face, not making eye contact with the alpha."Why do you even want me?" Keith asked quietly. "I'm broken and used... I'm just a little slut that flinches when touched. I'm a fucking sex toy," Keith murmured, hugging himself tightly."Keith, you are not a slut, nor are you a sex toy. You may be broken and flinch when I touch you, but you are so beautiful, kind, and loving. You mean the world to me, Keith," Lance spoke softly, pulling Keith into his lap. "You are my universe, my life. I'm never going to leave you," Keith took a shaky breath as he leaned back into Lance's gentle hold. Lance carefully picked Keith up and placed him on the bed."I need you to tell the team what Carson did to you, all of what happened. The abuse, the rape, your old relationship with him. You need to tell them," Lance said in a gentle yet stern way, making eye contact with his omega. Keith's eyes widened as he stared back at Lance. "You want me to do what? I-I can't tell the team! I can't do it again," Keith looked as if he was beginning to panic again. The omega fidgeted, pulling at his hair. Lance let out a soft sigh and took Keith's hands in his own. "You don't need to worry about it for a few more days. You're still in heat, Kitten," Lance spoke softly, giving his mate's hands a squeeze. "Just take a breath, relax. I know this is hard for you, Keith," Keith did as he was told and took a deep breath. "Alright... Can we just cuddle for now?" Keith asked, his voice quiet as he broke eye contact with Lance."Of course, Kitten," Lance murmured, climbing onto the bed next to Keith. By the end of the week, Keith's heat had ended. The omega paced around the bedroom, plucking out strands of his hair. "Keith, what have we talked about?" Lance asked gently, standing from the bed and taking Keith's hands in his own. "Not pulling put my hair..." Keith mumbled, looking down. "I know you're stressed about telling them, but you gotta stop pulling your hair out," Lance spoke softly, reaching to touch the bald spots that were forming on Keith's scalp. "Come on, let's braid your hair, baby," The alpha said as he guided Keith back over to the bed. Lance was worried about his omega's psychic state. Keith's mental and physical health seemed to be declining. Lance began carefully weaving Keith's hair into a braid. When Lance was finished, most of the spots on Keith's head had been covered, making the omega look like he wasn't missing as much hair. "Would you like to go get some breakfast? You haven't been eating enough the past few days, Kitten," Lance murmured, pulling Keith back into his arms. Keith shook his head, shifting to face Lance."I'm not hungry..." Keith mumbled, his voice muffled as he hid his face in Lance's shoulder. Lance sighed, rubbing Keith's back gently. "You need to eat something. All you've had in the past few days is water," Lance frowned, pulling Keith a bit closer to himself. "Can you at least have a few bites of breakfast for me, Kitten?" Lance asked as he kissed Keith's neck softly. "I don't wanna eat. I'm not hungry, Lance," Keith mumbled as he lifted his head to look Lance in the eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah ha angst