34

"That's alright. Did you have a good bath?" Lance asked, reaching over to hold Keith's hand. Keith pulled his hand away, clearly not wanting to be touched. "It was fine," The omega spoke in a flat voice as he stared forward. Carson had told Keith not to tell anyone, or he'd kill the omega's pups. Keith had been used again by the person he thought he had finally escaped. The omega desperately wanted to tell Lance. He wanted to be comforted by his alpha. "I just need some space," Keith sighed out, hugging himself. "That's alright. Do you want me to go for a bit?" Lance asked, beginning to get off the bed."No! N-no..." Keith said quickly. "Don't leave me alone... I just don't want to be touched," Keith murmured, embarrassed by his outburst."That's alright. I won't go if you don't want me to," Lance said, growing concerned. This behavior was unlike Keith.They sat in silence, Lance fidgeting and Keith staring at the wall."Um, I fed the pups," Lance spoke up, looking over at Keith. Keith pulled himself out of his thoughts, looking up at Lance."Oh um... Thanks," Keith sighed, looking away from Lance. The alpha sighed, looking down at his lap."I'm worried about you, Keith. You're not acting like yourself," Lance murmured, voicing his concerns. "Well, stop worrying about me. Didn't you hear me earlier? I said I'm fine," Keith huffed, not looking over at the alpha. "This is what I mean, Keith. You're acting weird," Lance sighed, shaking his head. "I'm not acting weird. You're just overreacting," Keith turned away from Lance, rolling onto his side. Keith was angry that Lance hadn't been there to take him away from Carson's pain and torcher. "I'll just..." Lance trailed off as he stood from the bed. " I'll go and let you have more space," The alpha murmured, leaving Keith alone with the pups. The omega buried his face in the palms of his hands. Keith couldn't bear the thought of losing his pups. Keith took a shaky before getting out of bed and limping over to the door. Keith locked the door to ensure Carson couldn't get to him again. The omega sat on the edge of the bed and stared at the door. Fear was beginning to overwhelm Keith as he thought of what would happen if Carson returned.Lance left the bedroom, sighing as he did so. Had something happened to Keith while he was away? Shaking his head, Lance wandered down the halls, a frown plastered on his lips. The alpha was pulled from his thoughts as he was spoken to. "Hunk made dinner if you want some," Carson said, stopping Lance by grabbing his arm. "Shut the fuck up... No one asked you," Lance huffed, pushing Carson away."What the hell?" Carson questioned, walking away. Lance sighed, pressing the heels of his hands into his eyes. He stood there for a moment before changing his course and entering the kitchen. "Hey, buddy. Is everything alright?" Hunk asked, laying and hand on Lance's shoulder."I..." The alpha paused, thinking for a moment. "I don't know," Lance sighed, leaning back against the counter."Do you want to talk?" The beta male asked, studying Lance's face. "I don't know. Keith isn't acting like himself. I'm worried about him," Lance sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm trying to give him some space to process giving birth and all,"Hunk nodded, thinking for a moment. The beta opened one of the cupboards and grabbed a chocolate bar. "See if this makes him feel even a bit better," Hunk said, handing Lance the chocolate bar and the plates of food. Lance gave the beta a weak smile before exiting the kitchen to return to Keith. "Open the damned door, Keith," Carson shouted, pounding on the bathroom door. Keith had locked himself in the bathroom with his pup. "No! I won't let you hurt me again," Keith shouted back, keeping his back pressed against the wall. The omega was silently begging for Lance to return. "I'm going to fucking kill you, little slut," Carson said, banging a fist against the metal door. Keith held his pups closer, rocking them as they began to cry. "Please, just leave me alone!" Keith said, trying not to let Carson hear how afraid he was. "God damn it! Do you think I deserved what you did to me? I took care of you, provided you with a safe home, and you thank me with this? I gave you everything," Carson shouted, rageful with the omega's reaction. "You hurt me! You killed my pup and abused me!" Keith yelled back, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I'm going to make your life a fucking hell," Carson said in a low voice as the bathroom slid open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well damn