2.35

Chenle's breath hitched as he couldn't get his hands to move or reach for the photos laying on Taeyong's newly arranged desk

"Where...... where did you get these?" he spoke out, trying not to let the quiver in his voice sound obvious but he fails to do so.

Taeyong looks at the younger as if he made a confirmation about something, completely convinced with whatever he was even thinking. "Hanbin sent them. I don't know what he wants but it must be something that has to do with Maeri." his eyes narrow down on the photos.

He knows what's happening. Maeri had already gave him a heads up but Taeyong didn't expect to receive it so early.

Taeyong may seem like he's unfazed by all this happening but in fact he's starting bto grow scared of the plans Maeri had told him about in which he didn't know why he's agreeing to.

What worries him more is that even their whole circle was in on her plans including Renjun and Jaemin.

Chenle and the rest had no clue about it... even Jisung.

"How did they......" Chenle can't form words to speak as he was too in the shock of seeing the photos be laid right in front of his eyes.

"Chenle, be careful. You don't know what these guys have in store for you, Maeri or Jisung." this is the part where Taeyong unconsciously messes up but luckily Chenle misses the chance of the clue still in the complete shock.

"I'll keep these to try and find out whoever sent these." Renjun walks past Chenle and takes the photos away from the glass desk, putting them back in the envelope and out of the younger's sight.

He turns on his heel to face the younger and walk towards him. "We need to talk." Renjun whispers with a stoic expression but in reality, he was feeling scared inside as well as he stood back in his former spot.

"You are dismissed." were the last words Chenle hears before he is being dragged by the elder out the door and down the stairs onto the newly designed tech room of his and Hendery's.

The dim room full of screens glitching, codes running and cctv footages that showed in every computer of the whole room and the aura in the room fully screams technological knowledge.

Chenle and Renjun stood in the middle of the room, facing each other with a whole lot of unsaid words at this moment but the silence between them was suffocating and Chenle already had a hunch where this conversation is about to go down.

Renjun had his forehead creased "I told you to be careful." he hisses, jabbing his finger on Chenle's chest not too harsh but enough to partly shove him and get him shaken up.

Chenle still couldn't say a word, at a loss for words as he tried processing ever single thing that had happened.

"What makes you think no one would follow you in the middle of the damn night when we all now this world is fully awake at night." Renjun turns on his heel to walk towards his side of the room, fiddling with his keyboard and smashing the envelope flat on his desk with a loud thud.