2.7

Chenle walked around the facilities of their headquarters

The bandage cast on his left shoulder as the heels of his boots clicked on the marble floors of the grand halls that designed the four storey mansion which served as his home for almost seven years already.

The walls painted of a light gray color and a few paintings designed it that didn't make the atmosphere dull.

A sense of simple and elegant interior that you can't tell if it's really a house where criminals lived.

The faint footsteps from the other end of the hall echoed which made the latter stop in his tracks.

His heart ached as soon as the figure came in to his view.

His one and only best friend stood across him, the younger's stare cold and harsh.

Chenle's hand balled into a fist as he looked at Jisung with apologetic eyes, the feeling of longing for a friend lingered in him, wanting to bring back the way they used to treat each other but he simply just can't turn back time and restart.

They were both a mess.

Jisung continued to walk to his direction.

He had high hopes of his best friend talking to him.

But was disappointed when he walked past him as if he wasn't even there in the first place, completely being ignorant and cold towards the elder.

Chenle slumped his shoulders as his blank expression turns into a frown, head hanging low as he let the younger walk away without an exchange of words.

He was disappointed as usual.

Looking back to the latter who was walking to the opposite direction, the frown on his face had returned as he didn't even give him a glance back.

And he had given up that his best friend would even spare him a glance.

He was at fault in this situation and he didn't know how to fix and bring their friendship back.

Maybe if he hadn't stopped him from finding the girl, they still would've been fine but he just had to be the one to see her off and stop him from running after her.

He won't give up until he fixes it.

Turning on his heel to walk to the opposite direction to the younger's, he glanced at him one last time and fully turned his back to walk away.

Meanwhile, Jisung had suddenly stopped in his tracks, closing his eyes and heaving a deep sigh before fluttering them open once again.

He turned his head, looking over his shoulder to see Chenle's back facing him, walking away in the far distance of the huge halls.

The heavy weight in his heart as he felt nothing but betrayal.

He couldn't find his answers and here he was, ignoring his best friend for the girl he loves.