2.14

"I will never be like you

"I will never be like you." thirteen year old Maeri gritted her teeth, pulling the trigger on the weak human who was on her knees, begging for the girl not to do it.

She didn't even bat an eye when she pulled the trigger, letting a few drops of blood splatter on her face as she straight up shot the woman in the heart.

She tried so hard to not cry....... but the lone tear slipped and rolled down her cheek as she stared at the dead body she had just shot.

This wasn't definitely like her but she was blinded.

Blinded by her pride and rage.

Zhong🐬 is calling you...
Answer  | Decline

Maeri furrowed her brows and looked down on her phone, confused why he called at such an hour but nonetheless she picked it up and pressed the phone to her ear. "Hm, Chenle." she softly answered.

"I heard you got sent back to Mr. Jung's house." his tone low and raspy as he spoke through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm guessing Felix told you." she chuckled fiddling with the bedsheets as she sat alone in the familiar room she usually slept in at her uncle Yunho's.

"I told you not to go out there." he scolded, voice sounding raspier than it was.

Maeri furrowed her brows as to why he sounded like that. "Are you okay? You sound weird?"

Chenle shook his head, slightly coughing. "I'm fine, it's just-" there was a slight pause before she heard him cough and sniffle. ".....dusty in here." the sound of shuffling from his side of the line was heard.

"Zhong, where are you?" she slightly panicked, brows furrowing as her heart suddenly started to race.

"I came back to the house."

A slight relief washed over her as she heard him say where he was but she still worried for her friend. "You shouldn't even be there right now, what if someone followed you?" her tone scolding the elder.

"I know I know, but I've been thinking about it." Chenle roamed his torch light around the small office that he had entered.

Maeri fiddled with the thick comforter on the bed as she bit her lip habitually, the sudden thought that was brought in her mind made her want to say it out loud, her heart racing in a fast pace and she peeled the dry skin off her lip until the metallic taste of her own blood stuvk to her tongue.

Anxiety bubbling up while she contemplated whether to ask or not. "Chenle...."

"Hm?"