2.18

A week

A week.

It's been a week since they last saw each other and haven't contacted each other.

Maeri went back with Chan and his members in the small house after the "trouble" she caused at the park.

Maeri, Hyunjin, Seungmin and Han were out stargazing once again at the same building- more like deep talking while looking up at the stars.

"What's got you so drawn to them?" Han asks, laying his head on Hyunjin's stomach.

"Who? Me?" Hyunjin asked, brows furrowing in confusion as he looked up at the beautiful night sky above him.

"No, not you. I'm asking Maeri."

"Drawn to who?" Maeri furrowed her brows turning her head to her left to look at the elder, her head laying on his stomach.

"You know, the Dreamies." Han lifted his head to look at the girl and give her a knowing look.

"Why didn't you want to stay with them in the first place when all you do is just poof back in without saying a word to them and then disappearing all over again?" Hyunjin ranted, clearly annoyed with her weird behavior.

Maeri couldn't find the exact words to say nor could she even find an explanation... instead, she sighed in defeat knowing that she was never going to find an answer to that question. "I don't know, really." the answer in her mind was precise but then yet she decided not to say it out loud and keep her thoughts to herself.

He rolled his eyes and lifted his head to look at her who was laying on Han's stomach. "Your behavior is so...... ugh, nevermind- you're so weird." laying his head back down on his forearms to look at the stars.

"You really don't have plans on going back and work with them?" Han asked, trying to assure the girl of any decisions.

She sat up and looked at the two. "Geez, do you guys really want me gone that bad?"

"No we don't want you gone, Maeri." Seungmin joined in the conversation. "It's just- you know, it's been half a year and we all know you can't stay away fron them, why bother leaving them then?" the elder shrugged his shoulders and sat up as well.

Maeri let out another sigh of defeat.

Her gut churning as she thought of the million reasons why and she wanted the ground to swallow her for being so ashamed and guilty for those many things.

"They're better off without me." her simple answer made everyone look at her in worry.

She was some part right and partly wrong.

If she hadn't left then, the Dreamies' relationship would've still stuck together and she'd be happily with Jisung and he wouldn't have to hate Chenle but her leaving was also a big leap to the karma they were all receiving equally and they will learn their lesson.