2.22

Chenle and Maeri stood outside by the front porch of the house in the freezing cold

Their coats tightly hugging their bodies as they lived a short bond that night.

It was nearing eleven pm but they didn't feel the bit of tiredness at all, to say the least they felt more alive in that moment.

A silence hung between them as they stood facing each other.

It wasn't awkward nor was it a comfortable silence between them.

More of a regretful silence, perhaps.

Standing under the moonlight of midnight as their eyes pierced through each other.

"Sorry we took shortly." Chenle decided to disturb the silence that hung around them.

As much as he didn't want the night to end right then and there, it had to.

Maeri shook her head and smiled. "The members are more important."

Chenle stared into her honey brown swirls that looked like gold flakes surrounded her irises from the bright moonlight that illuminated on them.

Drowning in them as he couldn't stop himself from adoring such beautiful eyes that looked like it held all the wonders that this world could hold and all the safe havens that anyone needs in their lives.

Her eyes told every single story.

The pain, the joy, the freedom, the mischief, the spontaneousness, the curiosity, the excitement...... you name it.

However, she was just like him.

Readable enough like an open book but was hard to comprehend.

Why was he starting to get drawn to her?

There it was again, like some warmth spread throughout his body; stomach twisting in a way that it excited him, his heart lurching like it was about to jump out of his chest.

But then yet he didn't want to come up with conclusions or anything weird, telling himself that the girl was nothing but a friend and like a little sister.

His heart didn't say otherwise.

The moment was however lived shortly by the girl gasping out of the blue. "Snow." she murmured quietly, looking at the sky in shock.

A snowflake fell right in front of the boy, his brows furrowing as he looked at the small flake gracefully swaying in the wind until it fully fell to his nose, sending a tingly feeling in his body.

Maeri let out an airy laugh. "I can't believe I'm witnessing the first snowfall for the first time." she clasped her hands over her mouth, watching the snowflakes gracefully fly in the air and fall onto the ground in complete awe of such a sight.

Chenle slowly looked down and watched her enjoy the scene.

The corner of his lips automatically stretching up to a smile of adoration.