2.38

trigger warning // minor death. read at own risk.

Also, since you guys asked for a sungchan pov here it is :))

Felt something like you'd never lose me

Fancy chandeliers hung on the ceiling as everyone found their seats by the huge round tables with fine dining and authentic kinds of beverages served at each table with groups of people gathered; familiar and unfamiliar faces

Sungchan fiddles with the hem of his coat sleeves, looking around nervously as he waits for his father to come up on stage and make his opening remarks before getting down to the real purpose of this annual party.

Everyone around him is chattering, gossiping, laughing, checking other people out or having a reunion.

Well this is a reuinon for him as well, being with his long separated friends but he's anxious over something he's in no knowledge of yet but the hints are sitting on the back of his head unsure if they're deemed to be true to his intuition and hunches.

There was only one way to find out.

Sungchan sits through the whole program with the rest, people making their 'glorious' speeches and standing on the podium— head held high like they're royalty or something like that.

He claps half-heartedly as he watches the whole event with a cold breeze crawling over the back of his neck that it makes every hair in his body stand and his body stiffens, tenses in a feeling of uneasiness and malice just right when his father steps up on the stage and to the podium where he is called.

They make eye contact for a brief moment; Sungchan's breathing slowly comes uneven when his gaze diverts towards Maeri, Chenle and Jisung chatting like everything was normal when in fact he knows it's not.

There's still a lingering tension between them that is unsolved— words unsaid that needed to be let out and questions still unanswered that there was still too much to unpack.

Sungchan knows and can see every bit of it... from the look in Chenle's eyes to the way Jisung is paying attention to the two and to the way Maeri fidgets with the chains of her purse and her feet can't stay comfortable for long.

One: he confirms that Maeri will drop what they've planned tonight

He looks around to investigate any suspicion that might be going on but the uncannily atmosphere is sending shivers down his spine that he's getting goosebumps as the minutes pass by.

Two: The rest of the former TVXQ trainees are on the move according to their strategy.

Three: Jisung and Chenle have no idea.