2.8

Maeri and Chenle stood in front of an old abandoned mansion wherein they weren't too familiar with as they had hopped off of the bike

"What are we doing here?" she asked, looking up at the four storey house in front of them in confusion.

The cold gusts of the wind blew on them as the night grew deeper and the moonlight shone brighter, blending in with the dark indigo sky above them.

Dead dry leaves flew and scraped the concrete as the once planted garden was now dead and withered, the silence making their atmosphere give off a dry and creepy vibe.

But the two didn't budge.

"We're here to look for clues." he eyed the abandoned house in front of him with a serious look on his face, his fists balling for a second and loosening them to his sides.

"Clues on what?" she furrowed her brows in confusion as she looked up at him.

The one topic Chenle had never talked about after being missing.

Feelings of anxiety clawed on his neck as he was at a loss of words for a second that he couldn't mutter out whatever was at the tip of his tongue.

He let out a sharp exhale and roamed his eyes around the large front porch with a garden behind them. "Clues about my parents."

"Then why am I coming to help you?" Maeri raised a brow at him.

He turned his head to look down at the girl, his serious expression never leaving his features as if it was pasted there.

It was the first time she's seen him this serious about something other than seeing him being serious behind the sniper in missions, this was a first for her eyes to see the determination and curiosity in his eyes.

"Because I believe that logo belonged to you." he pointed to the huge rusty gold sign by the door that were covered in spider webs but was still visible and readable under the moonlight.

Her breath hitched at the old rusty gold that carved the walls that held the double doors of the abandoned house.

"How- what the?" she was at a loss for words.

"I'm having the same questions in my head that's why I came to you. I couldn't ask you back when you still stayed with us but.... I think my parents has a few answers." he sighed and walked ahead of her to reach the double doors of the front.

She followed behind him and felt her heart pound nervously that she didn't even know why.

Maybe she was going to experience the thrill that she badly missed or the violent sound of the guns and the bullets that shot in many directions and the feeling of killing someone mercilessly either for no reason or for a thousand reasons.

Or was she just to accompany him and help him find out the cause of his parents' death and why had they left a fortune for the young man to inherit.