2.21

It was already past 9pm

Autumn was at its end and a new season was to begin once again.

The freezing cold breeze of mid winter blew around the air and it had the people start wearing thick layers of clothing to warm themselves up.

Maeri walked in silence on the sidewalk of the small village, hands in the pockets of her thick coat to warm them up.

Looking up at the pitch black sky that was once a color of indigo from the stars that floated above the atmosphere giving off a melancholic vibe in the air.

It was somehow refreshing.

Getting her mind off things that she shouldn't be thinking of and letting herself be vulnerable alone just for once.

She was so sick of pretending.

Even if Chan knew how she felt, she wouldn't easily want to trust people.

Betrayal was the last thing she'd want to feel but then yet she knew that's what she was already doing.

Sick of pretending that she was okay with everything that's going on, sick of pretending that she doesn't miss it all and mostly sick of pretending like she didn't shed tears at night, mourning over many reasons.

For the sake of the truth, she had to but she knew how bad it was going to lead to.

So she neglected it; just like how she chose to run away from the karma even though a huge wave was going after her.

This was just the start of it.

Like a clock just about to strike twelve.

After a few more seconds of peaceful silence... it was interrupted by the sudden buzzing of her phone in her jean pockets.

Fishing it out, the screen lit up to the familiar name appearing on top.

Her brows furrowing upon reading the message.

Zhong🐬 sent you a message:
Turn around.

And so she did.

There he was.

Standing in that nicely fit turtle necked sweater tucked in his black skinny jeans paired with his high cut boots... topped off with a thick velvet coat to complete his outfit.

Hands in his pockets as he stood in the cold all dressed up in nice thick fancy clothing.

It felt like time slowed down when they stood across each other in a good distance.

It wasn't so melancholic now wasn't it?

Slow steps that seemed like she was walking on space, the universe revolving around them.

It felt like all the stars were in her eyes when she looked up at him.

Her smile becoming genuine than her cold unsure ones.