2.23

The silence in the room was deafening, the only sounds the boy could hear was the sound of footsteps and the clanking of the medical equipment being placed on the metal plates

Chenle laid quietly on the many beds of the clinic while Jungwoo was treating his leg wound.

An arm over his face to keep the lights from blinding him.

The curtains closed in on them and only their silhouettes were seen from the outside.

Jungwoo heaved a heavy sigh, using the forceps to pull the bullet out of his left leg, the younget gritting his teeth, trying not to wince from the pain that seethed when the cold metallic equipment pierced in his skin. "What you did there was risky. You would've gotten a disability if it weren't for Jisung."

Chenle sighed and nodded. "I know....." he paused for moment, balling his fists til his knuckles turned white, hissing from the pain that the staplers caused. "But Jisung would've been shot if I didn't step in." he grunted, feeling the burning sensation in his leg spread throughout his body.

"Be honest with me Chenle, what's going on with you and Jisung? You two used to be inseparable and all I can see now is the two of you trying to avoid each other." the elder pressed, putting a patch on the younger's gunshot wound to cover it up, gently laying his fingers on his delicate skin.

The young teenager removed his arm from his face, sitting up slowly to not add up the excruciating pain in his leg, leaning his back on the small headboard. "It's complicated- but I know for a fact that it's got something to do with Maeri."

Jungwoo squinted his eyes as he felt intrigued by this, sitting on the chair next to the moveable shelf. "What exactly happened? I really didn't see a point why Maeri had to leave in the first place." he rested his chin on his forearms that laid on the edge of the bed, carefully listening to what the younger had to say.

Chenle thought about it, roaming his eyes around the closed curtains as if some answer was written on the thick vinyl curtains. "I don't know what kind of excuse she used to leave but I did help her leave that night- hyung, I wanted her to stay as well, made her rethink for Jisung but I just couldn't stop her...... she made her choice." he explained a small scoff escaping his lips as he let the words slip out his mouth, getting carried away by his emotions.

"But?" the elder pressed deeper, not wanting to sound nosy but he had to be of some help at some point.

The younger clicked his tongue, feeling the unknown pressure that seemed like acid climbing up his throat, making him gulp the lump back down, sending a heavy weight on his heart and his shoulders. "But....... all Jisung wanted was her to stay." saying those words felt like a weight was lifted off his chest but only to be replaced with a heavier one, sending his stomach to churn and twist like knots were being tied in his intestines.

Jungwoo didn't know what to say but the sadness and regret in his tone was enough for him to know what actually really happened.

He felt sorry for him, the pity in his eyes were too visible when he looked at the injured boy in front of him.

A sigh escaped his lips as he watched the boy sulk.

What the two of them didn't know was Jisung sat outside the curtains, listening to every single word they exchanged.

It felt like the whole word came crashing on him when he heard those words leave Chenle's mouth.

They were true, all he wanted was for her to stay but he was just too bitter with the fact he helped her leave the place.

It struck him like lightning, guts twisting in a hundred directions, a huge lump forming in his throat, the unfamiliar pressure weighing on his chest, making him gulp slowly.

A tear unconsciously rolling down his cheek while he sat alone near Jungwoo's desk.

He harshly wiped the salty tear away with the back of his hand, quietly standing up to leave that suffocating room, feeling his heart shatter into pieces.

The feeling of thorns pricking his chest brutally made him clench his fists tightly, the leather raider gloves in his hands stretched as he slightly trembled in bitterness.

Eyes falling to the floor as he walked towards the door.

Jisung twisted the knob and swung the door open, eyes still fixated on his shoes while he stepped forward, welcoming himself outside the clinic of their headquarters.

However, his grievance was interrupted with a pair of feet standing just across him, the figure's back faced him, and a phone pressed to the person's ear. "I'm not sure but I'll have to see for myself. I'm sure he's fine." the person spoke to the phone, nodding his head and tapping his feet on the floor in a slow beat.

Eyes slowly traveling to see who it was, his brows decreased and his fists unclenched.

The tall figure slowly turned around, still on the phone with someone but his eyes landed on the youngest.

"Sungchan hyung?" Jisung tilted his head in confusion.

Sungchan looked at the younger, his body stiffening when he made eye contact with him.

Blood ran cold and he was frozen in his spot.

Couldn't bring himself to say another word to the person on the phone. "J-jisung-ah." he let out a breath he knew he'd been holding.

Jisung squinted his eyes as he raked his orbs on the phone pressed to the elder's ear, standing still on his own ground- growing suspicious of the elder immediately when he saw his stiff shoulders.

Okay, short and shitty chapter

Okay, short and shitty chapter. Jisungie is sus of Sungchan and the 01 liner battle continues to fight for Jisung's love. lolololol