2.26

Sungchan rushed himself up the stairs, the adrenaline pumped in his veins as he skipped one step after the other

The advantages of having long legs.

Jisung lay low beneath the other side of the staircase, watching as the elder took fast steps towards the hall in the middle.

He walked carefully, going after him as he let the undying curiosity and suspicion run in his mind.

Maeri kept herself locked in, fiddling with her fingers as her back pressed on the thick wooden concrete that was the boundary and restriction for her to see Jisung accidentally.

The wave of anxiety flowed up in her like she was a bottle being filled up with water in a tub.

She felt nauseous and it seemed like she could puke the acid in her stomach at any moment.

Overthinking scenarios and replaying bad memories in her head as she waited for Sungchan to come and get her.

If she hears that familiar morse code on the door, she'll definitely know when to open the door.

But a huge part of her wanted to see Jisung so bad even if she had played a scenario in her head where everything won't turn out right still.

It was breaking her into a million pieces again.

Just the thought of her first lover standing under the same roof but has no idea that she was in the same place.

Maeri didn't want to think about it, all she needs is Sungchan to get her and prevent her from seeing the love of her life to break her own heart.

And that's when she heard the morse code behind her.

Ears perking up as she heard the familiar code only she and the elder male knew.

Pushing herself off the thick wooden door and turning her body wholly to unlock the door, she immediately reaches for the lock to spin and twist the door knob for the thick concrete to produce a high pitched creaking sound when Sungchan's head slowly peaks in.

But before he welcomed himself inside Maeri's bedroom, he checks for clear signs outside for assurance and 'safety'.

When he was sure of the signs, he fully enters the large bedroom.

There she stood right in front of him with a worried look on her face. "What am I gonna do now?" her tone rather shakey as she stared up at the taller.

"Come with me." he grabs her wrist without warning and swings the door which was ajar ever since he came in.

And they rushed out without a second thought.

Maeri trying to keep up with the taller's steps and walking pace as he dragged her along with him.

Her disadvantage of being 5 feet and his advantage of being 6 feet being the annoying thing to ever be the one to interrupt their rush hour.