2.4

The next day, Maeri had woken up early and had taken to fold Chenle's newly dried clothes and preparing breakfast for the latter who rested in the empty room

Before she could reach the kitchen, she had heard the clicking sound of the front door which meant someone was back.

Her breath hitched as soon as the three figures came walking inside. "Changbin, Jeongin, Felix. You're back." her pupils dilated.

"Hey, Maeri." they greeted in unison and sprawled themselves on the couch.

"Let me guess, you nearly got caught again?" she asked, brows raising at the three.

"No, we nearly got killed." Felix, the blonde latter with a mullet grumbled.

And just then a newly woken Chenle, rubbing his eyes groggily had exited the bedroom next to hers.

Her eyes widened and heart pounded when her eyes landed on the latter.

The three males who were sprawled on the couch widened and furrowed their brows in confusion as their eyes had fell on the unexpected guest.

"So..... you brought a boyfriend home?" Jeongin, the one with lavender hair said.

She immediately shook her head. "It's not what you think it is."

Chenle had suddenly made up their faces and immediately pulled Maeri to stand behind him. "What are these guys doing here, Ri?"

"Oh great, they have nicknames too." Changbin the blonde one with chubby cheeks stayed on the couch sprawled with the two others.

Maeri grabbed the elder's forearm and bit on her lip, begging for him to not misunderstand the situation. "Chenle, let me explain why hm? Hear me out, it's not what you think it is."

"Wait, Chenle?" Felix stood up from the couch, pushing Jeongin off him.

Chenle turned to face him and furrowed his brows, taking him a few seconds to realize who had just stood in front of him, squinting his eyes at the latter. "What the- Felix?"

"What the hell, it's been like what? Six years?" he gave the latter a bro hug.

"It's great to see you, dude." the 19 year old smiled as he returned the gesture.

Maeri furrowed her brows and stood between the two. "Wait hold on. I don't get what's happening here."

Felix laughed and put a hand on her shoulder. "Why don't we all have a talk about it over breakfast hm?"

She looked at the two back and forth with a judging look on her face.