2.6

Maeri laid on a roof of a building with Hyunjin and Han as she looked up at the midnight stars and the beautiful hues of indigo that painted the sky along with the clouds

Lifting the black in-ear in front of her, she stared at it and observed it, her initials written on it while the other hand laid under her head as a pillow.

Han and Hyunjin also looked at it as she twisted and tilted it in her hands, laying between the two boys who had accompanied her.

It reminded her of a thousand things that were once events in her life which were either nightmares or just a memory now.

"Do you miss them?" Han looked over her and back up at the sky.

It was that question again. "Sometimes." she answered blandly.

I always do.

"Why don't you just give them a sign that you're okay?" Hyunjin suggested in which she chuckled. "I can't."

"Why not?" Han furrowed his brows in confusion. "Chenle has found you and knows where you are. You can just use that to call them." he blurted out, Hyunjin nodding in agreement.

She's thought about it a thousand times and that it just so happens that she thinks losing connection with the boys were for the best.

The built up emotions caused a pressure on her that she wanted to release but just couldn't. She still felt so trapped inside and she couldn't call herself freely.

She couldn't do anything she wanted to do without thinking of any of the boys. Mostly Jisung.

Everything she did reminded her of him and it just broke her heart that until now she still couldn't forgive herself.

"You can't go hiding from them forever." Hyunjin stated, arms beneath his head as he looked up at the stars above them.

He was right. Maeri wasn't going to deny that. In fact he always was and it reminded her of Taeyong. "I know." she layed the small object on her stomach and adjusted her position between the two boys. "But it's for their own good that I stay away from them."

"And it's okay for you to stay with us?" Han raised a brow at her.

"Ahh, Han Jisung.... why are you so oblivious?" Hyunjin slightly lifted his head and gave the male his age a judging look.

Maeri chuckled aloud as he heard that name again. "Out of all people I'd meet why did it have to be someone who has the same name as that kid?" she spoke to herself.

Han furrowed his brows and sat up with a furious look on his face. "Hey! I was born first, the fuck are you talking about!?" he squinted his eyes.

"Okay okay, that's enough. It's supposed to be a peaceful night for us." Hyunjin sat up and made him lay back down on his back to stop a bicker fight from happening.