2.9

Chenle let out a heavy sigh and pushed the bench back with the back of his legs towering over the girl

Chenle let out a heavy sigh and pushed the bench back with the back of his legs towering over the girl. "Thanks but I didn't find anything here." he smiled and walked past her, making slow steps to get to the door.

Maeri turned to face his back. "I found your bedroom." she blinked her eyes repeatedly and just looked at his figure with a blank expression.

The elder came to a stop as he heard her. "You've probably seen my stupidities back then that I can vividly remember." he let out a faint laugh as he didn't spare her a glance, continuing to take small strides towards the door.

"I think it was funny tho." she chuckled and followed behind him, her boots clicked beneath the wooden floors of the room as both teens exited the room.

Their flashlights lighting up the last door in the hall.

Both teens stood beside each other, wondering what lies beyond that white wooden door in front of them.

Giving each other a quick glance before heading inside the third and last room of the second level, she walked ahead first and twisted the dusty knob in her hands.

The boy just waited until he heard the door creek open and the girl had already disappeared behind it. "Maeri-" he went after her and already found her roaming around the small room.

It wasn't that small nor was it that big but was big enough to have things in display like fragile furniture and paintings, one was placed at the edge of the room in the center covered in a red cloth.

"Your family sure has an obsession with paintings." she looked around and pointed her flashlights on the covered paintings that hung on the walls.

Her fingers softly brushing through the white cloth that covered every furniture and painting that designed the dull painted walls of the room, the dust sticking on the tips of her fingers as she ran it on.

Chenle mindlessly went around the room to search whatever they were trying to look for. "They sure were." he chuckled and continued to look around, letting his high cut boots click on the wooden floors.

The air inside the room slightly thickened as beads of sweat slowly started to form on their temples.

The room giving them no air but yet enough oxygen to breathe.

"Achoo!" Maeri suddenly sneezed, slightly startling the elder as they roamed around the room. "Bless you." he scrunched his nose at a sudden thought had popped in his mind.

Bless me achoo.

The dust particles that had been flying around the air made their noses ticklish as to why the girl had sneezed out of the blue.

The girl held on to the white cloth in the middle of the room, pulling it down slowly to reveal what it contained.

The specs of dust flew making a smoky effevt on their torch lights, the two coughing from the sudden intake of the dirty particles that nearly infiltrated their lungs.