2.3

Maeri parted her lips, a small gasp emitted from her as she tried to mutter words but nothing came out of them

Chenle waited for her answer, slightly tilting his head as his pupils dilated.

One thing was for sure.

She was far from happy.

She just lived freely.

No, she wasn't happy.

"You could say that." she pointed out and walked to the small laundry room to wash up the blood soaked towels.

He sighed as he watched the girl walk back and forth. "What's got you roaming around, late at night?"

Maeri pressed on the washing machine and went back to the elder to sit next to him. "I just wanted to have a drive out."

Half lie half truth.

"You took pretty great care of my bike, I see." he leaned back on the soft cushions that designed the sofa of the house's small living room.

She chuckled and leaned back as well, laying her head on the cushion. "It feels like a part of you is with me when I look at it." she smiled. "Don't get the wrong idea." she quickly added.

Chenle shifted on his seat to look at her, his brows slightly furrowed and lips slightly parted as he roamed his eyes on her face, observing her side profile.

She shifted on her seat, mirroring his actions.

They sat there for what seemed like an hour but were only a few minutes, a comfortable silence instead of an awkward atmosphere, it was very calming and quiet that they felt like they were able to fall asleep.

Not until the male broke the silence with a single word. "So...." he gulped the growing lump in his throat, adam's apple bobbing as he contemplated with the lingering question running in his mind. "Do you miss them?"

She looked away, pursing her lips into a thin line as she adjusted herself on the confinements of the couch. "Sometimes." her short answers were so cold but then yet meaningful enough for him to understand.

"Aren't you going to ask about him?"

With those words said, she felt a tug in her heart, even though that name wouldn't be mentioned it still left a huge hole in her heart.

The memories of them flashing in her mind for a split second, her expression turning into a frown.

And just then, she stood up from the couch and looked around to avoid Chenle's eyes that pierced on her. "I- I'll get you a fresh pair of clothes, stay there." completely ignoring the question that slipped out of the latter's lips.

Her eyes turning glassy as soon as she turned around and slightly speed walked to her bedroom. She swung the door open, immediately inviting herself inside the confinements of her room and closing the door behind her.

She pressed her back on the white wooden concrete and slid down to the floor, leaning her head on it as she let out a harsh exhale, blinking her eyes repeatedly to stop the tears from falling.

Meanwhile, Chenle was left in the living room, looking at the shut door of her bedroom with a frown on his face as well. "Maybe not." he muttered to himself as he waited patiently.

It took Maeri a few minutes to finally compose herself and get to her closet to pull out an oversized shirt that belonged to Chenle in which she was going to return now and a sweat pants that she used to borrow.

She didn't notice the lone tear that rolled down her cheek on her way out of the room.

Chenle roamed around to see the photos displayed in frames on top of the small bricked fire place that sat in the living room.

She let him look at the pictures while she stood in her door frame.

A certain frame catching his eye.

The pictures from the day they went to an arcade were put in a patched up frame, five pictures aligned together.

A picture of Jisung and her facing each other with wide eyes and blushing faces while Chenle made heart signs at the back, standing behind them.

The second one was a picture of her and Chenle raising fists at each other while Jisung made a peace sign behind them.

The third one was Jisung being carried by the two elders with a struggling expression on their faces, a chuckle leaving the 19 year old boy's lips as he traced the photo with his fingers.

The fourth picture was the three of them acting like frat teens in the picture, fierce yet silly looks on their faces.

And the last but not the least was a picture of the three of them, sitting together- Maeri sat between the two boys, wide smiles on their faces, arms around each other's shoulders as they looked at the camera in the photo booth.

"I still remember that day." she interrupted him, the side of her body leaned on the door frame while holding the pair of clothes in her hands.

Chenle turned with a faint laugh. "I never thought you'd keep it."

"That day was memorable." she chuckled. "You can use the room beside mine to change, I'll wash your clothes for you." she walked over to him and handed him the pair of clothes she held.

He muttered a small "Thanks." before heading to the bedroom next to hers.

Maeri slowly walked near the small fire place and looked at the photos that the elder looked at not long ago.

Letting out a heavy sigh, she reaches her hand to trace their faces and stopping to trave Jisung's face in the frame.

A chuckle escapes her lips and a bitter smile grazes up on it. "I miss him."

Thoughts mamez??? Yes Part 2 has become a Chenle fic of you're asking

Thoughts mamez??? Yes Part 2 has become a Chenle fic of you're asking. y'all will eventually know why when I have continuously updated. Love y'all.