2.17

Chenle's mouth fell agape as he saw the leather boxes sprawled on the old dusty coffee table

They all looked the same but with their initials sewed and patched just on the upper left corner designed in a beautiful elegant cursived calligraphy.

The patches had different colors.

Sungchan's patch in purple, Chenle's were white and Maeri's were in sky blue.

"You knew all along and you told me just now?" Chenle squinted his eyes at the eldest in the room.

"Well... you and Maeri never said a word until recently." Sungchan shrugged, smiling lazily at him.

"Should we look at what's inside the box?" Maeri eyed the two in boredom.

Sungchan nodded and unlocked his first.

The contents of the box contained envelopes with post stamps and photos.

"Are these our old photos?" Chenle picked the photo in the girl's box.

The two others scanned the photo and gave each other a wary look as they hesitantly.

Sungchan was about to say it but the girl recited at the same time as him in order for him to not say whatever words he was going to slip out of his lips.

"That's-"
"Chenle, do you remember anything before you ended up in the orphanage?"

Maeri grabbed Sungchan's forearm and squeezed it as a gesture to not say anything just yet, she shook her head in a swift motion before turning to look back at the second eldest in the room.

"Even a single part of it?" she added, squinting her eyes with a small glint of hope in them.

It made Chenle dig deep in his memories.

Focusing on looking back, the worst of them was yet to come.

And the only horrifying memory was the only thing that flashed in his mind causing it to beat erratically.

Beads of sweat started forming on his temples as the traumatic sight had re-entered the surface of his occupied thoughts.

And now he couldn't get the picture out of his head once again.

The terrifying faces of his dead parents flashed before his eyes as he brought himself back to that day.

He couldn't go any further back but to that only day where hell had started for him.

Chenle shut his eyes tightly and shook his head vigorously, trying to shake the traumatic memory off his mind.

It started to worry Sungchan and Maeri who just sat there with him, the coffee table filled with their old belongings just in front of the three teens.