2.28

Maeri woke up with a throbbing headache and warm legs lazily draped over her legs

The heaviness of her eyelids lingered as it turned out to be swollen from the endless crying last night.

It weighed heavy on her heart once again.

The look on Jisung's face from last night was more than painful enough for her to understand how it felt.

She was just too broken and messed up to think wisely.

Heart aching.

The stinging pain of the thorns that poked at her already shattered heart agonizingly, too painful that she was so close to being nothing but numb.

Sad reality it was.

Raking her fingers through her hair languidly as she looked at her surroundings.

Looking at Minho and Changbin sleeping comfortably on their shared bed, she felt like an outcast once again.

And it was lonesome.

This wasn't the first time that she felt like the world was crashing down on her and is still breaking her into pieces even though there was nothing left of her anymore.

Why the fuck did the world feel like it was ending even though it wasn't?

All because of the stupid thing called 'Love'. heck why was it so painful to love?

All of the guilt and pain didn't end.

She felt so stupid.

It was so stupid.

Stupid crying over someone that she knows is worth her tears.

Her loss, she admitted it but as much as she wants to return those feelings, she never learned how to love herself at all.

Not even the slightest.

Blame it on having a greedy father who wanted nothing but power instead of living a great family with his bestest friends.

Blame it on wanting nothing but her father's attention and praises ever since her mother died.

However, it was still her fault.

Not because she wasn't enough, but because she somehow grew up just like how her own father raised her.

She was as selfish and as greedy as him and she didn't know how or where to start in changing any of those.

That's why she knew she couldn't accept the love Jisung has given her and she knew she never even deserved him in the first place.

She was dead wrong though.

If anything in this world was to be given to her, it surely was love.

She wouldn't dare take anything no matter how much she's given in this world, she couldn't take anything... everything felt like it was being given and taken for granted, everything.