2.2

"Chenle?"

"Chenle?"

"Maeri?"

"What are you doing here?" the girl furrows her brows.

"I- oh shit, I forgot. I left the members, I have to go back." Chenle curses himself, slightly turning to the side, revealing his blood soaked sleeve.

Out of reflexes and instinct, Maeri grabbed his wrist. "Wait, you're bleeding-"

"I'm fine, I better go-" but even before Chenle could decline her, he was already being dragged somewhere by the girl. "Shim, it's fine really- the hyungs can treat it back at home." he says trying to stop the girl.

But then yet, they stop at a familiar motorbike. "The base is far from here, Zhong. You sure you're gonna risk it?" she turned and raised a brow at him.

"Uhm I- uh-"

"Hop on." she took her helmet and swung her leg over to the bike.

Chenle does as he was told and goes to sit behind the girl.

"You're lucky I live near. You would've bled to death." she chuckled.

"I can manage tho, you didn't have to bring me to your place." his deep voice slightly directed at her ear as their bodies slightly touched. 

"I insisted, Zhong. You shouldn't be roaming around late at night and after a mission." she handed him a spare helmet before wearing her own.

Chenle silently chuckled as he shook his head in disbelief. A lazy smile on his lips as he held on to the back of the bike. "Why'd you have two helmets anyways?" he asked. 

Maeri shook her head. "Someone left it with me." and the engine roared and vibrated beneath them as she twisted the keys in the ignition of the bike.

Dashing away from the convenient store and to a small neighborhood.

Roaming his eyes around as they continued to speed off, he wasn't surprised she chose to live in a small deserted looking neighborhood. He clearly knew that many hunted for her and that stupid flash-drive that was not in her possession anymore.

They were all willing to kill her just to find that drive. 

Not long enough they stopped over at a one storey house with a small front yard.

Its appearance looking like it's been abandoned.

"Nice place." he chuckled and took the helmet off, ruffling his hair and swinging his leg off the bike.

Maeri swung the stand of the bike and immediately pulled Chenle inside the house.

Rushing to the kitchen and taking a towel from one of the cupboards. Once she had what she needed, she rushed over to the latter and made him sit on the couch forcefully. "Press it. You're gonna bleed out."

Chenle did as he told and just watched the girl shuffle around the house to look for everything she needed and took the opportunity to look around the house.

It was not that small, not that big either.

Cozy enough to call it a home.

Only a few furniture occupied the spaces which made the house still spacious.

Maeri took a seat on the couch and patted the seat next to her, gesturing him to sit next to her in which he did. "You shouldn't really roam around late at night." removing the soaked towel of his blood, she dipped it in a bowl of water.

He threw his head back and smiled bitterly, looking up at the ceiling. "I know, but I was out of myself." he chuckled.

She gave him a quick glance and treated his bullet wound. "So...... how's it going?" she asked, trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

He heaved a heavy sigh and looked down at the girl. "Same old same old. Always the war with YG for money and power."

"What about you? How are you?" she looked up at him and went back to stapling his wound up in which he scrunched his nose, hiding the burning pain. "Well, there's nothing new with me but the gang has two new members." he smiled.

"They found my replacement already?" she chuckled.

"They're not your replacement, Ri." he looked at her, eyes softening.

"I know, I'm just messing with ya." she laughed faintly and focused on bandaging his shoulder.

Chenle chuckled. "And you? How are you?" sincere evident in his voice.

After successfully bandaging his wounded shoulder she cleaned the mess on the coffee table. "I'm just- y'know...... hanging around and living freely as I wish."

He contemplated with the words itching to escape his lips but he asks the question anyway. "Are you happy?"

And it struck her.

Pausing on her cleaning, she felt that heavy weight on her chest again.

A loss for words as soon as she heard them.

Am I?

This has been sitting here for a while so might as well update :)) thoughts?? hope u liked it

This has been sitting here for a while so might as well update :)) thoughts?? hope u liked it. Love y'all.