2.10

Maeri fiddled with the hem of her leather jacket as she sat on the couch, staring into space, a million thoughts invaded her mind

peeling the dried skin off her lips habitually as she didn't even notice Minho coming inside the living room, standing by the kitchen frame as he watched the young girl be deep in thought.

Holding a bowl of ramen in his hands, he walked over to the girl and sat beside her, laying the bowl on the coffee table at the center of the room. "Hey." he called out, bringing her out of her deep thinking.

She blinked her eyes a few times and looked to her left, seeing the worried elder already looking at her. "Hey." she smiled at him and looked away. 

"What's got you thinking at this hour?" he asked, putting an arm behind her on the couch.

Looking down at her hands that rested on her lap, she fiddled with her fingers as she didn't know what to tell him. "I don't really know." a chuckle escaped her lips as she scooted closer to the elder.

Minho sighed and patted her head softly. "Have some ramen, it helps when you can't sleep in hours like this." he pointed to the ramen he put on the coffee table not long ago.

"Thanks hyung." she smiled and laid her head on his shoulder for a moment before leaning forward to dig in the food he made for her.

He flashed her a smile and stood up from the couch. "No problem. Seungmin, Chan hyung and I will just be at the basement when you need us." his feet pattered on the wooden floors of the house as he made his way down the basement by the kitchen.

She hummed and slurped on her noodles and her soup, letting out a sigh of satisfaction as she ate it peacefully on the coffee table, legs crossed in an indian seat beneath.

Just then her mind wandered back onto the painting that she and Chenle had discovered not so long ago.

A thousand scenarios had invaded her head once again.

Overthinking the situation as her thoughts distracted her and interrupted her peaceful 3am meal.

The sudden cripples of anxiety had crawled in her, sending a shiver down her spine as she thought of her dead father leaving out a million clues that she chose to ignore and it was all starting to get to her- leaving the main question in her mind.

"What's my father's relationship with Chenle's family then?" she muttered to herself.

Maeri's phone suddenly started to ring loudly on the couch, startling her- nearly giving her a heart attack. "What the- who's calling me at this hour?" she took her phone from the couch and turned it upside down to look at the caller ID.

Jaemin🦄
Answer  | Decline

She contemplated for a few seconds whether to pick it up or just let it ring.