2.24

"Is he okay?" Maeri furrowed her brows, the worry in her grew more as she has heard of the news, talking to Sungchan on the phone

Pacing around her small bedroom, the uneasiness never deceased as she bit on her nails anxiously.

"I'll have to see for myself. I'm pretty sure he's fine." Sungchan answered mindlessly.

This had her rolling her eyes. "Idiot, how can you be so sure? He was shot and who know where he was sh-" she was suddenly cut off by hearing a familiar voice on the other side of the line.

"Sungchan hyung?"

Maeri widened her eyes, coming to a halt in the middle of the room across her bed, blood running cold as she recognized who that voice belonged to.

"J-jisung-ah" she heard Sungchan mutter out.

The shuffling from the other side of the line was heard, supposing that the male took the phone away from his hear.

She didn't dare end the call.

For some reason, she felt like she had to listen what words the two had to exchange.

Or maybe she just missed hearing that voice of his.

"Did I interrupt something?" she heard Jisung ask.

Maeri felt her heart shatter into pieces once again.

The voice that once calmed her and made her feel like she was nowhere near danger  was now a voice that broke her heart in a million pieces.

The person whom she first ever fell in love with, first ever person to make her feel like there was a home that can be found in someone and the other half of her that was now just someone whom she passed by with a blink of an eye.

That heart in which she thought she had fixed but she just ended up destroying.

The person she didn't deserve at all, she thought.

Taking small breaths from her nose, quietly listening to what they were about to say.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Jisung asked the elder who stood across him.

Sungchan gulped the lump in his throat, adam's apple bobbing up and down as he kept eye contact with the boy.

A small gasp escapes his lips as he spoke up. "Oh, I was talking to my dad. He heard about what happened to Chenle. He was just checking in if he was fine." he awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of his head.

The younger looked over his shoulder at the door and back to the taller, nodding slowly but his eyes never left the phone that was pressed to the elder's ear- suspicion never deceasing. "He's okay, I've checked on him a while ago." assuring their new member of the other's whereabouts.

Sungchan nodded approvingly, another awkward laugh escaped his lips that vibrated through his body. "Thanks for letting me know." and with that, he took the phone away from his ear, immediately pressing on the end call button.