2.16

Chenle hurriedly returned the envelope and the photo inside the box

Rushing to get his phone on the bed, he sighed in relief when Maeri's name suddenly popped up in his notifications.

Shim💵 texted you.
Still up? I have something to tell you.

Upon reading the text message, he felt his heart race in nervousness but he pressed on her contact to call her in an instant.

Calling "Shim💵"......

His heart jumped when she answered the phone immediately after the first ring.

"The painting." they said in unison as soon as he pressed the phone to his ear.

Both their ears perked up as soon as they heard each other say the same thing. "I'll meet you tonight near the building the night you found me. Bring what you need and what you want to show me, I'm doing the same." she immediately spoke up as he heard the shuffling from the other side of the line.

"But you're in the Jungs right now, and it's nearly eleven pm." he worried, furrowing his brows as he headed over to his walk in closet, pulling an empty tote bag from one of the drawers.

He heard Maeri tsk at him. "Seriously Zhong Chenle. When are you even going to realize what I'm capable of?" her tone sounding smug.

He stopped midway from heading back to the bedroom. "Uh...... everything?" he blurted out sounding like a question.

The girl clicked her tongue and draped the backpack on her shoulder loosely. "Exactly sweetie. I never get caught." a devilish grin danced on her lips as she sneaked her way to the window of the bedroom.

The sudden nickname caused him to widen his eyes and choke on his own saliva. "W-what?" eyes looking like they were to bulge out of its sockets as he had a frantic reaction for a few seconds.

"You heard me, I'm sneaking out tonight." she shrugged.

Chenle took sharp inhales and exhales- composing himself before pressing the phone back to his ear as soon as he did. "Alright, make sure you really won't get caught. I'll see you in a few."

"Okay okay, you gotta stop nagging like you're my dad. You're literally a child." she teased.

The boy rolled his eyes. "Talk about over acting. Just get on with it. I'll see you in twenty." packing the leather box in the tote bag, he picks the keys of his bike off the bedside table.

"Geez, don't be too long. The one who comes in last gets a flick on the forehead." she giggled before hanging up and it left him speechless.

"Aish, this girl I swear to god." he smiled foolishly before swinging his leather coat over his shoulder and leaving his bedroom and the headquarters without notice.

Later on he didn't know that the feelings that he chose to ignore and neglect were starting to grow and bloom in him.

He thought that maybe if he ignored it, those weird things he felt would go away.

©
©
©

As expected.

Maeri was first to arrive.

Leaning on the old brick wall with graffiti and spray paint everywhere, the flickering street light was her only source of exposure under the cold autumn night that were to become dawn in a few more hours.

She looked like a vampire waiting for its prey in her signature all black outfit and high ponytail with chains that were clipped onto her belt loops, the familiar gang necklace hung on her neck, the small gold pendant bringing color to her clothes.

Chenle arrived soon after.

The roaring engine of his bike slowly wore down while he turned the engine off and swinging his leg away from the vehicle- he took his helmet off and ruffled his hair and looked at the girl who waited for him patiently.

She watched him with a smile of success as she sucked on her lollipop while her arms were crossed over her chest.

"Well, I guess you won then." he shrugged, dusting himself off and taking the tote bag that contained the box that Sungchan had given him earlier.

Pulling the candy out of her mouth, she pushed herself off the wall. "I always win, Zhong. If you're trying to beat me... I bet that'd only happen in your dreams." she taunted the elder.

"Oh, are you underestimating my power Shim?" he raised a brow, competitiveness growing as he felt challenged.

"It's called spitting straight facts, sweetie. You're a mismatch for me." she gave his shoulder a pretty heavy pat as she reached out for her nearly empty backpack except for one thing she wanted to show and give Chenle.

"Where are we off to now?" the male asked as he waited for the girl's plans.

She gave him a devilish smirk as she looked up at him.

©
©
©

Their engines growled as they slowly made their way into the small back door that led inside the old rusty mansion.

a/n:*Sings SKZ*

The two looked around before completely intruding the home that Chenle's family once owned.

Stepping foot inside wherever thr door led, they found themselves in a dusty huge kitchen.

Looking around for spaces where they can lay out the objects they brought while pointing their flashlights into every space they could point in the large room, they found a coffee table just by the corner.

Nothing special, just a glass coffee table.

Chenle pointed there and made his way while bringing the tote bag in his hand that contained the letters that were itching to be read by their rightful owners and writers.

"You wouldn't mind if I brought company, right?" Maeri asked out of the blue and it left the elder confused.

"What do you mean?" his brows furrowed and just looked at the girl in the dim room.

Their only source of light were the torch light in their phones.

"I thought he'd help us have a clue about anything so I told him to come since he's the eldest out of us." she gritted her teeth sheepishly and pleaded the elder with her eyes.

"You brought Taeyong hyung?"

Maeri shook her head and chuckled. "Silly, I wouldn't do that."

"Then who?" Chenle furrowed his brows than he ever could, curious as to whom she invited.

"Hey guys." Sungchan suddenly walks in from the door, his footsteps slightly heavy cause of the heavy boots he wore under his feet.

" Sungchan suddenly walks in from the door, his footsteps slightly heavy cause of the heavy boots he wore under his feet

Y'all didn't expect that didn't you???

lmk ur thoughts and theories about what u think will happen next???