Chapter 30: Our Town

I should check it out to make sure I'm right. I thought to myself. I blow out the candles and stood up. A wave of dizziness courses through me and before I knew it I blacked out.

I was standing in the basement of the witch house. There are four coffins there. Wait four coffins? How though, I know Klaus has Rebekah's and the three others are Elijah, Kol and Finn. But what's in the fourth? I walked towards it and opened it. I gasped when I saw Klaus in the coffin. I looked down and saw him holding Elena's necklace/ his mother's necklace.

My eyes snapped open. I quickly sat up an looked around. I was still in my room on the floor. I looked at the time it been over twelve hours. Its way past noon. i stood up and picked up my phone. I had messages from Bonnie, Elena and Klaus. Oh my god. I forgot its Caroline's birthday. I ran to Care's house after getting a message from Bonnie.

Once I go there Bonnie let me in and put a party hat on my head and gave me a ballon and we hid in Carolin's room. We being Bonnie, Elena and Matt and me of course. We were all waiting patiently for Caroline. While waiting Bonie MAtt and I started talking and Elena just stayed silent and stared at me. Why is she staring? Is it because I'm with Klaus? Considering how by now all of my friends knows I'm with Klaus and they don't accept it but they said as long as I'm happy then its okay. And I told them I'm not choosing sides and that I'm not on anyones side because it will start more drama. But Damon being Damon does not like me and Klaus together along with Elena she doesn't even have to say anything I can tell by her looks. She'll throw dirty looks here and there and I think Bonnie is starting to notice because she keeps throwing looks back at her.

We then heard the door open and I know its Care because of the lack of heart beat. We grabbed the signs and ballons and jumped out and yelled surprised.

"Happy Birthday!" Me and Matt yelled together.

"What are guys doing here?" She asks us surprised written all over her face.

"Well You blew off school and missed our, work of Birthday art, so, uh..." Elena stepped up to Caroline and placed a tiara on her head.

"Change into warmer clothes, we're going to the falls. S'mores, campfire." Bonnie says.

"Cake. Like when we were little."

I'm just not really feeling my birthday this year." Caroline tells us.

"I'm sorry, what? You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year." Bonnie said to Caroline.

"Yeah. And now i's just a reminder that technically, I'm dead. Look, I did't even like 17. The only point to 17 ws to get to 18. I's a filler year. I am stuck in a filler year." Care explains. I sigh. I know exactly what that feels like I was the same way well sort of.

"You're not stuck, Caroline." I tell her.

"Yeah, I am. But it's ok you know, it's al good. I will be fine. But I just need some time to wallow in it." Care explains.

"Ok. Well, I think I have another idea." I say.

-

"Oh, there it is." I say. Bonniw walked ahead of us carrying a lantern and opened the doors to the Salvatore crypt.

"This is creepy." Bonnie says walking in. "Even for us."

"No, Caroline was right. Technically, she's dead." I say setting her cake down. "Sorry. But you don't need a birthday,you need a funeral. You need to say good-bye to your old life so that you can move on with your new one." I explain to her. A small smile appears on her face.

"Ok." She says setting down the tiara. "Here lies Caroline Forbes."

"Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, Third grade hopscotch champion." Elena says as I put candles into the cake.