Chapter 2: Journey to the past

[Edited]

Juliet's P.O.V.

"Really Stefan, really?"

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said not wanting to start an argument after just reuniting with them, so I headed over to the couch and sat down. Stefan and Damon both looked at each other before sitting opposite of me. "What?"

"How are you here? What happened to you?" I sighed, rubbing my hands against my jeans looking at my brothers.

"Well I turned into a vampire obviously. And to be honest I thought you were dead." Damon spoke up

"What happened to you back in 1864?"

"Well I guess you guys should know." Sigh. I got up and walked to the table which held various bottles of alcohol so grabbing a bottle of vodka I took a swig of it. "Well..."

Flashback

1864 Mystic Falls

I came down stairs when I heard the front door close. I was hoping it was Stefan and Damon, sadly it wasn't it was my father instead. "Are you alright father?"  I asked him. He looked at me. "No I'm not alright."

"If I may ask what is the matter?" He sighed and motioned for me to follow him into his office which I obliged.

He sat down and motioned for me to sit next to him. Now I began to worry. I sat next to him and looked to him. He took my hands in his. "Your brothers are dead Juliet." Those words echoed in my mind. My eyes wide with tears streaming down my face.

"How?" I whispered. "How father!?"  I rose my  voice ripping my hands away while standing.

"Keep your voice down!" He ordered me.

"How?" My voice wobbled.

In that moment Jonathan Gilbert walked in requesting to speak with my father alone so I left his office.  Once the doors closed  I dropped to my knees, silently weeping to myself. I overheard their conversation.

"I pulled the trigger myself."  I gasped slowly moving away from the door. No this can't be! He killed them he killed Stefan and Damon! Standing up I ran out of the house and ran right into the woods. My feet were sore and my dress was torn but I didn't care. I stopped when I got to the top of the falls. I dropped to my knees sobbing. "Why!? Why!? Did this have to happen? They didn't deserve to die!" I yelled. I stood up and  stumbled on the spot. I looked down the falls where the patch of  rocks were. Whenever I was here with Stefan and Damon they warned me not to jump near there or I would get hurt or even killed.

So taking a few steps to the ledge while looking down at the rocks, the tears keep flooding . I turned around with my back facing the open air and slowly fell back until everything became numb.

End of Flashback

"Wait so you killed yourself?" Damon asked in shock. I nodded.

"You guys were the most important people in my life that I couldn't bear the thought of living without you." I felt the burning behind my eyes as the tears wanted to shed but I wouldn't let them. I took a couple swigs of vodka.

"Go on."

Flashback

The first thing I noticed when I woke up were my surroundings. I sat up, my head was pounding and my eyes hurt from the sunlight that came through the window. I was on a large bed fit for a queen, with pure white sheets. I look down  at myself saw that I was in a new dress.