Chapter 8: The Sacrafice

Juliet's P.O.V.

I woke up with strong arms wrapped around me. I look up to see Aidan still asleep. So I gently remove his arms and try to sit up when they pull me back down. "Good morning." He whispered in my ear. I smiled. "Good morning to you too." I pecked him on the cheek and got up and grabbed my clothes and took a quick shower getting dressed into blue skinny jeans, a white tank top and black pumps. I put on light makeup and pink lip gloss.

I was about to walk out when Aidan asked. "Where are you going?" I turned back around and said "School." He rolled his eyes and I smiled and turned around and walked to my car and drove off.

I walked up to the office and got everything signed etc. I got my map and schedule and walked to my locker. I opened and put my stuff in it. Okay now I'm registered in school but they don't expect me to attend today so I'll go tomorrow or something.

I got into my Ford and drove home I walked in to see Rose and Elena talking.

"We're having a disagreement, ok?" Elena exclaimed. "They're willing to risk everyone that I love, and I'm not."

"They're just trying to protect you."

"And you've proven that you can't care less whether I'm protected or not. So we're back to you taking me to Slater."

"What do you hope to achieve by this?" Rose asks.

"How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?"

"I've been a slave to shadows for 500 years. What do you think?"

"I think I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal."

"Fine." They stand up and I walk into they're view and they both look to me.

"Your not going to rat me out are you?" Elena asks me and I shake my head.

"No I'm not I'm coming with you actually. It's been awhile since I've seen Slater so why not?" I shrug my shoulders.

"Where's Aidan?" We start walking to the car.

"He is going to check out the rest of Mystic Falls and he thinks I'm in school so he doesn't need to know." They nod.

The drive there was quiet. We were now walking up the stairs to Slaters apartment or whatever. I miss him it's been awhile I haven't seen him since the 90's when I went to college in Miami and I met him there and we became real close like best friends. I always thought of him as family he was like a little brother to me and I was like a sister to him.

Rose bangs on Slaters door. "Slater! Slater it's Rose open up. He's not home sorry."

"No. We didn't come all the way here for nothing."

I walk up to the doors and push it open and walk right in. "After you." I hear Rose say to Elena. I see his style hasn't changed much over the years.

"Slater?" I say. I walk around and turn the corner to see Slaters dead body. "I don't think he's going to be much help."

Elena walks over to where I am and sighs. A tear slowly goes down my face I quickly wipe it away before anyone see's it. I can't cry I won't. I curl my fist. I'm going to rip the heart out of the person who killed him then I'm going to shove it down they're throat.

Rose drags Slater's body away and I follow Elena. "Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information."

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us." I say then sighed. "The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass."