Chapter 4: Masquerade

[Edited]

Juliet's P.O.V.

Once we got to the Lockwood Mansion my brothers left me behind so I started to walk around. I was walking up the stairs when I ran into somebody.

"Oh I'm sorry." Wait what was Elena doing here? "Elena?"

"Juliet?" She looked surprised to see me.

"I thought you weren't coming." I said to her.

"I couldn't miss it." I nodded before starting to walk away.

"It was good seeing you again Juliet." Elena called out to me but he voice sounded different more....Katheriney.

I stopped where I was walking. Something wasn't right. I didn't hear a heartbeat which confirmed my suspicions "You too Katherine." Then I walked away. I could feel her staring holes in the back of my mind.

I went to grab a drink when someone grabbed my arm... it was Damon. "It's time." I nodded before following him up the stairs to wait for Stefan.

-

"I put the body in the trunk for now." Stefan says walking into the room.

"We can dump her when we get back." Damon stated.

"This is exactly what I didn't want, Damon." Stefan said

"Stefan, it's collateral damage."

"Right, which is why we need to call it off."

"What? Who's hesitating now?" I ask Stefan.

"Hey don't do this to me. This woman ruined our lives. She destroyed us." Damon told Stefan.

"Tonight it ends." I chimed in. Damon grabbed Stefan's shoulders looking right at him. "We can do it together. I got both of your backs." He glances at me. "All right?"

"All right." Me and Stefan say in unison.

I sat on the chair twirling a stake in my hand. "So Juliet." I look up to see Damon standing in front of me. "Who's Aidan?" I looked at him with surprise.

"Um my boyfriend." I say standing up. They both stared at me. "What?" Damon raises his hands up surrendering.

"Nothing. We'll talk later about it." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever."

"You guys ready?" Damon asks us and we nodded. Damon texted Jeremy 'we're ready.' We hid and waited for Katherine.

Caroline's P.O.V.

I stood alone, waiting for the right moment. I saw Matt across the room from me talking to another girl. I felt jealously stir inside my stomach. He saw me as I gave him an awkward smile but he just looked away and walked away with Tyler. I frowned. My phone vibrated in my hand. I look down at it.

Your turn. - Jeremy

I walk away from the party and further into the house about to open the door when I was pushed into the wall by Katherine.

"What are Stefan and Damon up to?" Katherine asks me.

"What do you mean?" I ask her playing dumb.

"I've got Jeremy Gilbert luring me out to the lake. What's going on?"

"I don't know--" She let go of my hair. "Nothing" I said. She turned me around and pinned me to the wall by my throat.

"Don't lie to be Caroline. They're up to something. What is it?" She continued to question me.